Factory AC firewall Pics- 66 Barracuda/ Valiant...

-

snate66

We're done here...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was looking for some details pics of the difference on the firewall between AC and non AC cars .
I'm sure someone has this. My searches are coming up empty.

Pics I don't have, but the fan motor cutout is larger on the A/C firewall. The non-A/C firewall has dimples for pilot holes for the A/C hose holes. Are you thinking of putting factory A/C into a non-A/C car?

Here's one of my factory A/C 66 Barracuda. You can see the capped lines behind the distributor.

Firewall Pic.jpg

Pics I don't have, but the fan motor cutout is larger on the A/C firewall. The non-A/C firewall has dimples for pilot holes for the A/C hose holes. Are you thinking of putting factory A/C into a non-A/C car?
Investigating the option... some parts I have... some are available... I can build the rest. IF I wanna cut the firewall.

Here's one of my factory A/C 66 Barracuda. You can see the capped lines behind the distributor.

View attachment 1715035405
Thanks,
I do have a hole on my car that has been duct taped up by the previous owner in the location of the AC lines. But I see now that this must have been for some other purpose.

I did this once. Swapped factory A/C into a '65 not originally equipped. It was a bigger, harder, more expensive job—and the result was less satisfactory—than I'd hoped. I could do a better job of it now, because of what I learned, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't try it again even if I had a complete system at hand.

I did that swap two times first was in my 64 dart gt they did not factory air in 64 just dealer install but I took a factory air out of a 65 dart and did my 65 barracuda formula S and put factory air in it was a learning experiment would I do it again yes.

That's great. I did not find this thread in my search... Interior pics were a plus.
make sure you get a shot of the wiring harness block. it needs to rotate 90 degrees to clear the A/c box. I will have to redo mine since I learned of the rotation AFTER I painted the firewall and installed the A/C box. Also get one of the better flow condensers ...parallel flow condenser and small late model compressor you will enjoy the resulting upgrade.
I have a tracing somewhere in my "stashed Junk" room that a member sent me and can make a copy and get it to you if you'd like.

Last edited:
make sure you get a shot of the wiring harness block. it needs to rotate 90 degrees to clear the A/c box. I will have to redo mine since I learned of the rotation AFTER I painted the firewall and installed the A/C box. Also get one of the better flow condensers ...parallel flow condenser and small late model compressor you will enjoy the resulting upgrade.
I have a tracing somewhere in my "stashed Junk" room that a member sent me and can make a copy and get it to you if you'd like.
Yes, indeed, that would be helpful. I did run across a comment from someone who said they did not have to rotate the bulkhead wiring block on the 66...

-
Back