Factory heater delete

-
LOL. You were only supposed to order them where you didn't NEED a defroster

My old friend, RIP when I was in San Diego used to tell me stories of his 53 Chev that was factory no defrost. But I spend a winter with a leaking heater core (disconnected) in my 63 Chev and I can tell you that was an ucomfortable winter!!! It gets cold enough to need heat down there, and in fog or rain, you DO wish you had a "defroster!!"

NAS Miramar, about 1970

_MG_6201cs.JPG

My 61 Plymouth Belvedere was a heater delete car and had no defrosters. I believe defrosters were federally mandated at some point in the 60s, maybe someone knows exactly when.

My 61 Plymouth Belvedere was a heater delete car and had no defrosters. I believe defrosters were federally mandated at some point in the 60s, maybe someone knows exactly when.
I was under the impression you could get (A bodies anyway) cars quite late with none.

"Up here" the parts store where my Dad worked, and later in his own parts store, and later another where I worked, all carried accessory defroster fans........All the school buses had them

vintage-auto-car-truck-dash-fan-12_1_12714f05c3c4ced84959c285feb017ae.jpg

There is a guy here on FABO from Hawaii that have showed pictures of a heater delete car. I have seen a 65 Dart with heater delete. But I don't know where I have it!!:lol:

Back around the early 2000’s, I saw a 68 Dart 4 door heater delete car still in use in California. A little while later it was wrecked and I got a few pieces off of it. I never paid attention to the block off plate on the firewall or if it even had plastic defrost louvers on the top of the dash. There’s probably a few unique items for a heater delete car. Did it have a fresh air box on the passenger side? Were there block off plugs on the intake manifold and water pump? Or was there a loop?

The heater delete A bodies that I have seen were from Mexico and other southern countries. They had no heater core. The firewalls had block off plugs where the heater core nipples would have been.
No core, no heat of any kind...obviously no defroster either.

The heater delete A bodies that I have seen were from Mexico and other southern countries. They had no heater core. The firewalls had block off plugs where the heater core nipples would have been.
No core, no heat of any kind...obviously no defroster either.
They had no outlets on the intake manifold either!

-
Back