factory magnum head replacement options

-
The Speedmaster heads do not have LA pattern intake mounting. The thread PRH linked is a good read on those heads and if I remember correctly, the two heads @MOPAROFFICIAL received initially were a little different, so he sent one back to get another one so they did match. I assume that means there is two foundries in China making them, or at least two sets of tooling.
I think some shops are drilling the LA pattern and selling them when they offer the current EQ castings but I have not seen any in person yet.
I was sure that the speedmaster heads were the aluminum LA heads.

I didn’t realize that speedmaster was the corp that made the new iron magnum castings. Not sure if I am confused…

I was sure that the speedmaster heads were the aluminum LA heads.

I didn’t realize that speedmaster was the corp that made the new iron magnum castings. Not sure if I am confused…
Speedmaster makes a cast iron Magnum stock replacement head.

Speedmaster makes an aluminum LA head that is basically a copy of the Edelbrock Performer RPM LA head.

EQ (Engine Quest) makes a cast iron Magnum stock replacement head.

Most likely EQ and Speedmaster are getting their cast iron heads from the same foundries.

Edelbrock makes a Performer RPM head with smaller chamber, Magnum intake bolt pattern, Magnum front accessory holes, but they use Chevy rocker arms.

Almost forgot, Trick Flow 190 heads take LA intakes, but the ends are supposedly drilled to also accept Magnum accessories. I still need to mock up one of these and see how it works out.

-
Back