Factory power brakes 65 barracuda

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone just curious what I can find out about a factory power brake option on the early valiants and barracudas. I picked up a 65 barracuda that has power brakes it appears to be a factory set up. I personally have never seen or heard of factory power brakes on an early a but I'm not near as knowledgeable as most of you here. I know it will have to be restored but what is the set up worth? Thank you for all the help. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 126
Do you have the vacuum storage tank? It's a squarish tank that sits on the driver's inner fender and is required with that booster.

EDIT: Booster Dewey up in OR/WA area can restore it or you can go to a later model booster or just go with manual brakes,

Yes the vacuum storage tank is there. I don't have any interest in the system but wanted to try and get an idea what the set up is worth, I have a guy interested in it but don't know what a fair price is.

I have a 1966 Barracuda with factory power brakes and a 1966 Valiant wagon with dealer installed power brakes. both work well.and look like your picture. The wagon does not have a tank but the Barracuda does.

V8 Valiant;
So there not that rare, I paid 125 for a set booster and vacuum box. Does the car have disk brakes? I would be interested in all of it if your going aftermarket.

-
Back