"factory" service manuals - 69 Plymouth

-

cgfen

Reaction score
Hi
Working through some final bits on my wife's 69 BH29 383 S.
I'd like to get a factory service manual.

Don't have an old one and am curious if the new re-makes contain mostly the same info as the originals???
If so, do you have a preferred vendor for the new copies?
One vendor shown here.

1969 Plymouth Factory Service Manual

Thanks

Craig

P1010463.JPG
P1010462.JPG

Hi
Working through some final bits on my wife's 69 BH29 383 S.
I'd like to get a factory service manual.

Don't have an old one and am curious if the new re-makes contain mostly the same info as the originals???
If so, do you have a preferred vendor for the new copies?
One vendor shown here.

1969 Plymouth Factory Service Manual

Thanks

Craig

View attachment 1715041383 View attachment 1715041384

Cool,

My wife found a package from Mopar that included a New Service Manual (re-print), sales brochures, owners manual, dealer books and more all in a nice flip top presentation box that we carry around to the shows.

I prefer the electronic copy for actual use when required.

Products - Mopar Tech Authority

Here is a link to the Mopar Parts Authentic package if anyone is interested. the box is very glossy compared to the web pics and has a metal tag on it.

These are the paper manuals that I bought for my 69 Barracuda project. I'm very happy with them so far.

I paid $54 on Amazon so the price looks right. My guess is that they have the exact same info and photos as the original manuals that the service techs used back in the day. I'm not crazy about the organization of the information, but oh well.

I prefer paper and NOT digital. I'm a purist when it comes to books (fiction, non-fiction, manuals, etc). I work in computer tech.. web developer, IT Architect during the day, but my books, manuals, journals, etc... MUST be paper. I need to escape the digital for my hobbies... and the longevity is superior IMHOP.

As far as auto/motorcycle manuals, I like to lay them out on my shop bench and get them dirty while I'm working. Nothing annoys me more than zooming in on a phone to look at diagrams, or dealing with dead or dying batteries in the middle of a project... and I don't care to have my phone case (leather) smell like grease, oil, gas, etc, when I'm at the office (though there's really no way to avoid it these days)... dirty, scabbed and band-aided hands and fingernails are bad enough :)

Just my prefs...

-
Back