Fall Fling XIX Oct 25th 2014 - Who's Going? and Photo Thread

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
http://www.cpwclub.com/fallevents/fall-fling-event/

Not sure if autoxcuda has started a thread here, but I know there is one on another Mopar site, so I figured I would take the plunge and ask the question, "Who's Going?"

Looks like I am going to be able to make it this year, and though I know Spring Fling is more of a draw, I am hoping to clean up the car and make the 2+ hour trek from Sandy Eggo. There should be a good showing my the San Diego Mopar Club as well. I wanted to ask, "Who else is going, and what are you bringing?", and I also figured we could make this an official photo thread.

Just looking for a little more info, as well as whose cars are going to be up there. I will keep an eye out if I know what I am looking at beforehand. See you there!

Shane

I'll be in the sway as usual.
Bringing a complete console/shifter setup that I was going to use in my 71 Dart.
Have some Hemi parts.
2nd gen. Barracuda vert rear interior side panels
Some reproduction door seals and misc. parts
Some B and E parts.

Fall Fling XIX is Saturday October 25th, 2014 at Woodley Park Van Nuys CA. 250+ cars, 150+ mopar swap, manufactures midway. All show cars and swap on grass.

If you have any question please ask them here or email me directly at [email protected]

To avoid that "I left that part at home..." scenario from swapper, if you are coming and looking for certain parts post here. And if you are selling, please post here you are coming.

Come out the Fall Fling before going to SEMA the next Tuesday! Two for one!

We are still taking pre registrations for show car and swap meeters online through paypal. We do not send out pre registration confirmations for Fall Fling. For online registration, your name will be in our list. Your paypal confirmation email signifies your registration is confirmed and in our system. You can print the paypal confirmation out to show the entry gate if you like, but not necessary.

Car show field pre registration payments:
http://www.cpwclub.com/fallevents/fall-fling-2014-event-registration/

Swap meeter pre registration payment:
http://www.cpwclub.com/fallevents/swap-meet-registration-2014/

Midway registration payment:
http://www.cpwclub.com/fallevents/midway-registration-2014/

Show flyer:
[ame]http://www.cpwclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FF2014Flyer.pdf[/ame]

FALL FLING XIX – Schedule of Events

Friday – October 25th, 2014

Malibu Cruise Driving Cruise from Woodley Park to Malibu for lunch. 9:30 am and leave from Woodley Park by 10:15am. Stop at the Famous Rock Store on Mulholland Dr Cruise through the Santa Monica Mts. and down Pacific Coast Highway 1:00 pm Lunch will be at Reel Inn at 18661 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu Return to Woodley Park, Van Nuys For additional info: http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post8261311

Manufactures Midway Setup 1:00 pm start End at Dusk (7:00)

Friday Night – October 24, 2014
Cruise-In at Bob’s Big Boy, Northridge 5:00-9:00 PM, 8876 Corbin Avenue, Northridge
Cruise-In at Bob's Big Boy, Toluca Lake (Burbank) 4211 W Riverside Dr, Burbank, CA 91505 4:00-11:00PM (Big, famous, lots of cars revolving in and out)

Saturday – October 26th, 2014

Fall Fling XIX Show, Swap, Midway
7:00 am Fall Fling entry gate open for car show and swap meeters
10:00 am Entry gate closes
**All vehicles remained parked as a park rule**
1:00 pm Exit gate opens
3:30 pm Show ends

7859740-CopyofDSC_2031_FF07Aerial.jpg

2nd largest (to Spring Fling) Mopar swap meet west of the Mississippi...

8298723-IMG_2311.JPG

Midways like Mr Moparts with lots of new parts and goodies

8298723-IMG_2335.JPG

Cars For sale in Swap and Show field

8298723-IMG_2266.JPG

Fun Field. There is no formal judging. This is a casual affair. We do informally hand out "Mopars of Merit" ribbon awards for: works in progress, Mopar spirit, cars that don’t fit into traditional classes, exceptional cars, survivors, etc. Bring your show car, project car, daily driver, whatever...

8298723-IMG_2623.JPG

Luckiest guy last Fall Fling.

His 68 Dart had a sun toasted dash, mess up lowers, hacked wiring, parts missing....

He finds this 100% complete mint dash perfect pads for $400. And get this, he had the same green interior. He was going to just drop in complete.

If you get out to events, you CREATE YOUR OWN LUCK.

8298733-IMG_2333.JPG

Parts list, drink, sweatshirt for slightly chilly 6:30-7am morning, custom carpeted parts cart...that's the way it's done, son!

8298733-IMG_2313.JPG

A-body 8 3/4 housing being hauled out by father and son (younger son trailing in tow)

8298733-IMG_2334.JPG

MP intake marked at $120 asking. But that meat smoker for $20 is begging to be taken too.

8298733-IMG_2314.JPG

Can anyone tell me if there's a place onsite to park in an RV overnite,, - if not, can anyone recommend an RV Park close by..

thanks.. grant

This is a Fun Field type show. There is no formal judging. This is a casual affair.

We do informally hand out "Mopars of Merit" ribbon awards for: works in progress, Mopar spirit, cars that don’t fit into traditional classes, exceptional cars, survivors, etc.

Bring your show car, project car, daily driver, whatever...

FABO member MuuMuu101 with a "Mopars of Merit" ribbon last year.

Attachments

• IMG_2628.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_2629.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_2606.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2481.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_2482.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 334
Can anyone tell me if there's a place onsite to park in an RV overnite,, - if not, can anyone recommend an RV Park close by..

thanks.. grant

No onsite RV parking inside the park itself. The park is only rented for one day.

There is one RV park SUPER CLOSE TO THE SHOW only 2.7 miles from show:
http://www.balboarvpark.com/
http://www.goodsamcamping.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/generalinfo.aspx?cgid=970000168
Balboa RV Park 7740 Balboa Blvd, Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA 91406

There's another pretty close in Northridge 7.5 miles away. The others are 30 mins and over away: http://www.goodsamcamping.com/trave...tour=0&photos=0&video=0&featureddestination=0

Bringing a car or swapping?

On Friday night some RV swap people park on the wide dirt street shoulder westside of Woodley Ave just south of the park. We get some swappers showing up late Friday night and they just sleep in their cars overnight (few hours) just outside the gate to the park.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] directly if you have any questions.

This is what I bought at last year's Fall Fling:

In the box on upper left is a NOS 68-72 idler arm that included a 50ft roll of body shop grade emblem/trim tape and a pack of sawzall blades... all for $30!

The power steering was rebuilt by Firm Feel 10K miles ago and included the Borgesen universal joint.

I'd say this was worth the trip!

What do you think??

Attachments

• FallFling2013Bought.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 350
No onsite RV parking inside the park itself. The park is only rented for one day. There is one RV park SUPER CLOSE TO THE SHOW only 2.7 miles from show: http://www.balboarvpark.com/ http://www.goodsamcamping.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/generalinfo.aspx?cgid=970000168 Balboa RV Park 7740 Balboa Blvd, Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA 91406 There's another pretty close in Northridge 7.5 miles away. The others are 30 mins and over away: http://www.goodsamcamping.com/trave...tour=0&photos=0&video=0&featureddestination=0 Bringing a car or swapping? On Friday night some RV swap people park on the wide dirt street shoulder westside of Woodley Ave just south of the park. We get some swappers showing up late Friday night and they just sleep in their cars overnight (few hours) just outside the gate to the park. Feel free to email me at [email protected] directly if you have any questions.

Can just park on the street with all the other RV's and people like me.

Thank you... grant..

I dont know who does it every year but i get scheduled to work that sat every f'n time. Plan to get there at about 6:30-7 if you are shopping, they dont officially start until 8 but stuff starts moving fast. I usually walk it about 10 times and i see new stuff up untill about 0900. I picked up a 426 Vertex magneto and wires for 40 bucks, too cool not to pass and i dont even own a big block!

I dont know who does it every year but i get scheduled to work that sat every f'n time. Plan to get there at about 6:30-7 if you are shopping, they dont officially start until 8 but stuff starts moving fast. I usually walk it about 10 times and i see new stuff up untill about 0900. I picked up a 426 Vertex magneto and wires for 40 bucks, too cool not to pass and i dont even own a big block!

Swappers and show cars start coming in at 7:00 am. After an initial line at 7:00am (handy parking to show car and head straight over to swap), the rate of show cars ramps up around 8:00 to 9:00am.

But if you are a swap meet hound looking for best deals get there 6:30 7:00 am.

Sorry about the date. A few years ago we were the Saturday before. Your work just has it out for you.

SPECIAL BREAKING NEWS!!!

from an email minutes ago...

2015 Hellcat Challenger will be at Fall Fling.

Mopar Muscle will be bringing it along with covering the show and looking for feature cars!

Thank you Johnny Hunkins for supporting Mopar car clubs!!!

To avoid that "I left that part at home..." scenario from swapper, if you are coming and looking for certain parts post here.

And if you are selling, please post here you are coming.

I'm bringing: 67-69 B-body bendix disk brakes, 70 only B-body six pack skid plate K-frame no rust pits, B-body no rust pit UCA's.

SPECIAL BREAKING NEWS!!!

from an email minutes ago...

2015 Hellcat Challenger will be at Fall Fling.

Mopar Muscle will be bringing it along with covering the show and looking for feature cars!

Thank you Johnny Hunkins for supporting Mopar car clubs!!!

Steve,

That is great news. I am looking forward to that, as you know I was asking about it. PayPal'ed yesterday for 1 car...should be a good time.

Steve,

That is great news. I am looking forward to that, as you know I was asking about it. PayPal'ed yesterday for 1 car...should be a good time.

Yep. I see the paypal was received at 8:34am. :)

Shane, do you have a wanted list of parts you are looking for in particular?

It would give a heads up to some of the swappers that see this thread.

Steve,

I am not looking for particular parts per se, and I will have some stuff up there that I am going to be selling as well. I just wanted to get an idea of what people are bringing to perhaps get a list going here to give members here a head start on the early risers.

Steve,

I am not looking for particular parts per se, and I will have some stuff up there that I am going to be selling as well. I just wanted to get an idea of what people are bringing to perhaps get a list going here to give members here a head start on the early risers.

Cool

So what are the highlights of the A-body stuff you are bringing up there to sell???

Great show. I went almost every year unless I had to work. I remember the First spring fling and the first fall fling.

Ray

I will be there, always something to look forward to checking out!

I will be there, always something to look forward to checking out!

There's a group coming from Arizona too, but don't know what part of the state. I think Phoenix? They usually come to sell, but this time they are coming to concentrate on buying.

I got an email from someone coming from New Zealand of all places.

There's a group coming from Arizona too, but don't know what part of the state. I think Phoenix? They usually come to sell, but this time they are coming to concentrate on buying.

I wonder if I know them, most likely.. And Kiwi's? Neat.

I sold my 64 Dodge wagon at one of the Fling's to some one from New Zealand. He bought several cars that day. Had a transporter pick them up from there.

Ray

-
Back