Fall Fling XVIII Oct. 26 2013 SoCal- Who's coming?

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Fall Fling XVIII is Saturday October 26th, 2013 at Woodley Park Van Nuys CA. 300+ cars, 150+ mopar swap, manufactures midway. All show cars and swap on grass.

Come out the Fall Fling before going to SEMA the next week! Two for one!

We are still taking pre registrations for show car and swap meeters online through paypal. We do not send out pre registration confirmations for Fall Fling. For online registration, your name will be in our list. Your paypal confirmation email signifies your registration is confirmed and in our system. You can print the paypal confirmation out to show the entry gate if you like, but not necessary.

Car show pre registration payments:

Swap meeter pre registration payment:

Midway registration payment:

Show flyer:
[ame=http://www.cpwclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fall-Fling-flyer-2013.pdf]http://www.cpwclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fall-Fling-flyer-2013.pdf[/ame]​

Fall Fling XVII – Schedule of Events

Friday – October 25th, 2013
Malibu Cruise Driving Cruise from Woodley Park to Malibu for lunch 9:30 am Leave Woodley Park Stop at the Famous Rock Store on Mulholland Dr Cruise through the Santa Monica Mts. and down Pacific Coast Highway 1:00 pm Lunch will be at Reel Inn at 18661 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu Return to Woodley Park, Van Nuys For additional info contact Justin at [email protected]

Manufactures Midway Setup 1:00 pm start End at Dusk (7:00)​

Friday Night – October 25, 2013
Cruise-In at Bob’s Big Boy, Northridge 5:00-9:00 PM, 8876 Corbin Avenue, Northridge​

Saturday – October 26th, 2013

Fall Fling XVIII Show, Swap, Midway
7:00 am Fall Fling entry gate open for car show and swap meeters
10:00 am Entry gate closes
**All vehicles remained parked as a park rule**
1:00 pm Exit gate opens
3:30 pm Show ends​

7859740-CopyofDSC_2031_FF07Aerial.jpg

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0091_FF07Cars.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 344
maybe I will...not sure what I need or even want...the old muscle car thing kinda died out on me...

I'm going too......hopefully I'll bring enough money. A few years back, some guy had some NOS W2 heads (bare) and intake for $800 and I was broke, couldn't even give a deposit. I still lay awake at night thinking about that. Bet there will be some good deals out there.

Just a reminder, this huge show and swap is tommorrow. Lots of A bodies at a Fall Fling.

250 mopar show cars

150 Mopar swappers

It's the best oppurtunity for great deals on Mopar parts west of the Mississippi.

IM IN BABY!!!!
Also bringing a few goodies to sell too:

67-73 A-Body B/RB front K-Member (same one I bought a couple of 'Flings ago, got a smokin' deal ($900!) on a complete Schumacher kit from a guy who was hard up for some cash so I went that way instead)

A pair of 14" BBP steelies

I missed Spring Fling this year so im Super excited for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm heading out.

Got to deliver stuff I built for some members.

I'll be there. The Valiant won't, but I will for sure.....

Pictures!

WOW !!

Great A-body picture set from Fall Fling 2013.

As you can see, there were a lot of A-bodies in EVERY condition imaginable.

Be it stock, modified, pro street, pro touring, race car, track car, or whatever!

What did you all buy in the Fall Fling swap meet??

I saw lots of people hauling loads of great parts deals.

Attachments

• IMG_2290.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2303.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 213
Most people found treasures and deals...

Attachments

• IMG_2312.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_2323.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2322.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 219
This guy was from Sweden and was buying the 3.23 489 case sure grip in the crate there for $400.

Attachments

• IMG_2294.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 192
This guy really lucked out.

He just got a 68 Dart that was sun baked in the desert. The dast pads were totally toasted, radio missing and cut, wiring cut, cluster real nasty...

So he finds this whole complete dash drop with great no cut wiring, perfect dash pads (including top), great cluster, radio plate not cut, original radio still in it, etc....super mint
And the best of all, his car has dark green interior and the dash he got is also dark green. He could literally just bolt and plug this dash in. Hope he switches vin plates.

I thought $400 was a lot for that. But since it was so perfect for what he needed, I think it was a great deal.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 174
Air cleaner assy on left is for a 67 383 A-body with AFB carb. Rare piece.

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 191
Who's black 68 GTS? And autoX, what the heck happened with your bumper?

My bumper has been bent like that for 20 years. I've had the bumper straightened before, but the bolts on the frame are twisted up and ripped in the frame on the drivers side. The nosecone and grille surround are all bent upward whenever that impact occured before I bought it. So the bumper is angled.

But the bumper itself has since got tweaked, I'm not fixing it until the frame,, nosecone, grille surround gets fixed. Then of course the nosecose is painted, so...should do it with painting the car....just a log roll of stuff.

Who's black 68 GTS? ..

I talked to the guy with the black GTS 383 Auto. It's originally a dark green car. It's got fenderwall headers and the rear fender lip tops are cut. Just cut not rolled!

Owner found it about a year ago. Cool barn find-ish looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2607.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2608.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2609.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2612.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 180
This little girl was a trooper. Tooting around with her Dad at 7:30am in the morning.

Nice ride.

Attachments

• IMG_2287.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2288.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 194
Picked up an original Torker manifold for $80, 2 850cfm Thermoquads for $20, an 850cfm TQ w/matching 440 manifold for $30, an 800 cfm TQ for $5, and one more 850cfm TQ for $20. Calling it $5 for the OE manifold, that comes out to $12 per carb.. you cant beat that!!!

Picked up an original Torker manifold for $80, 2 850cfm Thermoquads for $20, an 850cfm TQ w/matching 440 manifold for $30, an 800 cfm TQ for $5, and one more 850cfm TQ for $20. Calling it $5 for the OE manifold, that comes out to $12 per carb.. you cant beat that!!!

No you can't beat that. Sounds like some great deals on parts!!

Just thinking... how come nobody that runs a Thermoquad carb only owns one carb?

It's seems the average TQ carb user to car ratio is about 4 to 1. Four carbs per one vehicle. And how come one of those carbs usually is NOT a TQ?

I've got two TQ's and don't even run them. I'd like to though. I'd like to spend the time and learn them.

-
Back