Fall is coming. Here’s a soup recipe for you all.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Creamy Parmesan Italian Sausage Soup
Ingredients:
1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups baby spinach
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon. Remove excess fat if necessary.
Add chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot, and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes, and bring to a simmer.
Stir in heavy cream, grated Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add baby spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Notes:
For a thicker soup, add a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with a tablespoon of water.
Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread for a comforting meal.

IMG_3845.jpeg

Creamy Parmesan Italian Sausage Soup
Ingredients:
1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups baby spinach
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon. Remove excess fat if necessary.
Add chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot, and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes, and bring to a simmer.
Stir in heavy cream, grated Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add baby spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Notes:
For a thicker soup, add a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with a tablespoon of water.
Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread for a comforting meal.

View attachment 1716283555
Oh my, that looks good.

I'd have to substitute extra sharp cheddar, but it looks promising.

I see you are on Tiktok. My ol' lady is a fan of Tiktok as well.

Looks like Italian wedding soup but creamy.... now I'm starving!! :lol:

My friends all use a couple of quarts of soup stock in their soups but i got away from it because it is mostly salt.
I just use water, with more vegetables and seasoning. But my soups are generally more bland...and maybe most
guys wouldn't like them?

Wow! that looks good!!!!
But.... fall is four months away here in S E TEXAS!!!! Might have some anyway!!!! Calling for the wife dear...Soup it's what for dinner!!

My friends all use a couple of quarts of soup stock in their soups but i got away from it because it is mostly salt.

It's real easy to make your own stock and control the ingredients. I agree about store bought stock though. Essentially, we kill one of the guineas or a chicken and make it with that but you can do the same with one of those store bought rotisserie chickens.

As far as social media, I don't do Fakebook or TikTac but I do have an Instagram account. It's easy to find your way into the homesteading and cooking/healthy living algorithm.

I'll go ahead and share my signature dish but I think a recipe thread would be great!

Here's mine: The Trinity (Award winning chili)
3 Meat: Cubed Ham steak, Andouli Sausage, and Cubed Flank steak
3 Bean: Pinto, Kidney, Black
3 Pepper: Anaheim, Chipotle (to taste/ it's hot), Sweet Bell (Tres Colores) yellow, green, red.

I have always just used the McCormick Chilli seasoning but I recently found out the Carroll Shelby has a mix! Home – Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand – Chili Kits

The Trinity was invented by me and is a firefighter favorite. It does NOT last long. I would have to make 55 gallons to satisfy everybody on our Battalion get together days.

Trouble with recipe posts is we get overwhelmed with them and then you read them and forget them. I try to spread them out over the year so it’s seen, discussed, and tried by others.

Yea, and my wife tells me, 4 times a week, "Please tell me what to make for supper, tired of the same old meals!"
If I say something with beef, she says "go rob a bank or steal a neighbors steer!" Go figure??

I just had a big tray of Stoffers Lasagna that I made this week. I buy a package of my favorite sliced pepperoni and a bag of good mozzarella cheese. While the oven is preheating I lay a layer of the pepperoni on top and a layer of cheese on top of it. The trays aren’t as big as they used to be and of course cost more but I get 6-7 meals out of this at least. Probably 3-4 dollars a meal and I couldn’t make it this cheap doing it myself. And honestly it’s good.

I just had a big tray of Stoffers Lasagna that I made this week. I buy a package of my favorite sliced pepperoni and a bag of good mozzarella cheese. While the oven is preheating I lay a layer of the pepperoni on top and a layer of cheese on top of it. The trays aren’t as big as they used to be and of course cost more but I get 6-7 meals out of this at least. Probably 3-4 dollars a meal and I couldn’t make it this cheap doing it myself. And honestly it’s good.
I’m making this right now. Thanks for sharing this. Kim

My wife found it on Pinterest a while back. It is really good. Get some good sour dough bread to eat with it.

-
Back