fallen soldier

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Region 8 family mourns their fallen soldier from here in Jonesboro, My Home town. As I spend the week end enjoying my time I say a prayer for the folks close to him and thank there family for his life he gave.

Posted: May 22, 2009 08:50 PM

Top News This Hour

By Lauren Payne - bio | email feedback

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) "He was going to settle in and try to make it "homey", and comfortable, and just get done," said Paul Brooks' mother, Barbara Brooks.

Barbara Brooks says she was looking forward to Paul getting done, and being home with his young family. It was for that young family that Paul joined the army, said Brooks. He wanted them to have a good life, she says. Even if providing for his family meant putting his own life at risk.

"His true mission...we don't know. He kept telling his daddy, I love you. I love you. I think he knew it was more dangerous and he wasn't going to tell us," said Brooks.

That mission, his final mission, whatever it was, proved to be fatal. A nightmare, Barbara says, that became reality, when two army officials knocked on her door Thursday afternoon and delivered a heartbreaking message.

"We're sorry to inform you that your son was killed in Iraq," said Brooks.

She says all she's been told is that her son was among three soldiers killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq. A harsh reality of war she says she's struggling with.

"I've always said, your kids outlive you. You do not bury a child, you shouldn't have to," said Brooks.

As I remember why I have today :-k[-o<

It never is easy to hear that another brother has fallen. His family will be in my prayers and thoughts this weekend as will all of the others we have lost.

My heart breaks for his family.
Thank you sixpakmopar, He was a young gun here and had his hart going in to make it possible for us to have a good life. My heart breaks and feels the pain of the family and friends. I do have cabbage and mushrooms on the grill and he will be with us.

It never is easy to hear that another brother has fallen. His family will be in my prayers and thoughts this weekend as will all of the others we have lost.
Yes duster72 another brother has fallen for us. Enjoy our day as he would want it that way.

Prayers sent for their fallen son.

:heart: You should not have to bury your child.:crybaby:

Prayers sent. :salute:

Prayers to the family of the fallen son. This is what tommorow is all about....... Honoring the memory of those who served and the ones that gave all for the freedom of this great nation.
Matt

God Bless Him and His family is already in our prayers. Our fighting men and women sacrific so much for us I am very humbled and proud.

Thoughts and prayers to the family for a great loss. PAying the ultimate price to protect those of us that a soldier doesnt know is one of the most somber moments in life.

My heart breaks everytime I here this. My son is in Germany right now with the 173 airbourne division US Army. He told me he will be deploying to afgan.in December. Please pray for him and others like him. My prayers go out to all of our fallen soldiers.

My prayers are for the family. I'm crying and I just want to explode with anger over the wasting of lives in that hell hole part of the world. I don't want to see one more life lost!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sad to think we are losing sons and daughters, parents, spouses, friends, brothers and sisters. Reminds us to thank a serviceman or women when we see them.

As I spend my day this man and family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers, I will take what course I can to give the folks time, before I direct them to this thread for them to know that he will never be forgotten.
I thank all the great members here for sharing this memorial weekend with me.
And all the troops that are giving me this day.

Sgt. Paul Faris Brooks, an Army medic stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., was one of three U.S. soldiers killed Thursday in a bombing at an outdoor market in Baghdad’s southern Dora district.

U.S. officials said in addition to Brooks and two others dying, an disclosed number of Americans were wounded.

Twelve Iraqi civilians were also killed, and 25 were wounded in the attack caused by a bomb exploding in a vehicle.

Barbara Brooks, Brooks’ mother, said her son was a good father and husband.

“Daddy was their idol,” Brooks said as she was holding a photo of four of Paul Brooks’ children. “He had good kids. He was a typical teen-ager who grew into a family man.”

Brooks said her son, who was in his second tour of duty in Iraq, was an E-5 medic, attended Jonesboro High School and received his General Equivalency Degree while in the military.

Her son also cared about his wife, Nicole, and their seven children, Hayley, 14, Harmony, 11, Seth, 7, Logan, 6, Aiden, 5, Samara, 3, and Denver, 2, Brooks said.

Thanks, Memike

My flag is flying proudly for Paul, his family, and the brave soldiers who have lost their lives protecting us. prayers sent for Paul's family. My son is leaving for basic training in 37 days.........he will be a medic also. Pray for my son also please.

Dear god. He paid the ultimate price for his counry and our freedom.

Lets all take a minute today and reflect on that.

And pray for those he left behind.

Paul Brooks has arived to american soil this morning.
Thank all of you for your prayer's and well wishes for the family and friends.

-
Back