Fan and Power Steering belts

-

nz68rt

Reaction score
I just finished replacing the incorrect Saginaw power steering pump, water pump pulley and crank pulley that were fitted (badly)to my '67 273 Barracuda with the right ones. I'm now looking for the correct belt sizes, anyone have the sizes ??

I just replaced the belts on my '74 318. They are goodyear gatorbacks:

Im just not sure how different a '67 273 would be from my engine. Before I installed these belts I used Dayco Top Cogs:

Either way it's probably close to these numbers. Hope this helps.

Those fit as well.

If you cant find the belts by application put the adjuster about halfway and measure with a string. to figure out the size take the number and add a 15 before the number. an example would be if your measurement was 46.1 inches you would want to look for a 15461. 15 being the width and most shops use the same numbering system.

I think I can help you out, but I need some info first. Are you using the early cast iron water pump? Do you have the correct pulleys for the iron water pump? Do you now have the Federal PS pump installed? Do you just need the Alt and PS belts, or do you have AC also? I have a few Mopar replacement belts in the correct 13 series width if you need them. Post back or let me know and I'll help you out. I can also post the correct numbers if that's all you need.

These 15 series belts are incorrect, many times they ride up out of the pulley farther than they should. Just my 2 cents worth!

Thanks Guys,

I got a little side tracked and haven't checked back for a while. I am now running the TRW pump (Federal style) cast iron water pump and all the correct brackets and pulleys, no a/c. I measured the belts with a tape measure and learn't that's not a good idea as they sit down a ways in the groove and the tape doesn't! Got there in the end with a bit of trial an error. I will have a look tonight at the width, what does the 13 series measure across? I'm on the other side of the World so easier to source them locally.

While I'm at it - the power steering pulley is quite a bit mis-aligned with the crank pulley, both in the horizontal and vertical planes. I improved it with some shims and it is OK, but how much tolerance did they have from the factory? no adjustment in the brackets and they look straight and the pulleys run true on their axis.

I'm also curious about the difference in the TRW and Federal pumps, the rebate in the reservoir (and brackets) is different but are the pumps dimensionally the same?, are they the same internally? I know there are two versions of the TRW pump with different flow rates and different internal bypass systems. How do they compare to the Federal pumps? Can I use a Federal rebuild kit on a TRW?

The correct belt numbers for your 67 Cuda are 13465 for the fan and alt, and 17386 for the PS. These are Goodyear numbers. On the 13465 they probably will cross reference to a 15471. Not to many 13 series belts are manufactured these days. If you have a Chrysler dealer around, they should be able to order you the 13465 and possibly the 17386.

-
Back