Fan belt pulley alignment

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
I am having issues with my pulley alignment. First of all i have a 1971 318 engine with power steering. My crank pulley has three spaces for belts, my alternator pulley has two spaces for belts, my fan pulley has one spot for a belt.....

My issues is this.... My alternator and power steering pump pullies use the same space. Are there any fan pullies that have two spots for belts? The only solution i can see is to get a fan pulley that is mounts closer to the engine block in order to relocate the alternators belt further in towards the block allowing space for the power steering belt in the. Middle spot. What do you guys think? Am i missing something simple? How can i remedy this?

Sounds to me as if you may have a mismatch between the pulleys from the earlier style cast iron water pump setup and the later style aluminum pump you are now running! Ill look into my box of pulleys and see if I can come up with something for you! Geof

wrong pulleys...

here is what you need. either buy them from this place new or use the measurements from the pictures to make sure you buy the proper used pulleys..

pulley1.png

pulley2.png

pulley1-1.jpg

get-attachment.aspx

I agree with ABody Joe. BPE makes very nice parts. Staff is EXTREMLY helpful. Pictures didn't post the would way I would like. please move to the right for more pictures

You need a single groove alt. pulley. Also non AC 70 up crank and fan pulley's. Your spacing on your alt. is probably wrong also. The alt. will have to be split to change the pulley. Looks like all your parts are from an AC car. I have everything you need. pulley's, spacers, bolts and brackets. All off of a 71 318 sitting in my shop. $100.00 plus cost of large flat rate box if your in the lower 48. PM me if interested and I will give you my phone #no. Steve

I already have a non AC alternator, I'll put that one on the car. I just want to make sure that the fan pulley that i buy is the right one instead of the same thing that i have now. Thanks guys. Ill do some digging on ebay....

after looking on ebay and the pictures you have posted on this forum, i noticed obvious differences between my fan pulley and yours. i need the deeper pulley in order to move the alternator belt behind the power steering pulley.

Hey, oldmanmopar can you please let me know how much it would be in order to ship the pulley to this zip code 94547 usa california? thank you sir.

Flat rate between 12 and 15 .This is the style top and bottom pulley you will receive. All my parts are glass beaded and primed or painted before shipped. I have plenty here ready to go. Steve

Attachments

• b31[1].jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 180
Let me check my local junkyard first. Shipping is killing me. Thank you for the help sir, I'll be in touch soon.

-
Back