Fan clutch

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Im looking for a spare fan clutch like the one on the viscous fan pkg. Anyone have one or something close in good shape?

I just tried a search there and got nothing. Doesnt mopar sell just the clutch instead of the whole package?

I have a 67 valiant so that's what I ordered it for,but I'm also switching to a 70-2 rad and alum water pump so had to order another for a 70-2 duster with v8. What year is your car?

Do you have a steel or alum pump? Stock or aftermarket rad? The 70-2 was shorter to make up the difference with the alum pump snout.

It gets tricky when we start swapping things. The 69 and under used the iron pump and 70-up used the alumn

Looks like I have some options, thanks Rick, and sedanman. Rick you coming north this summer?

Looks like I have some options, thanks Rick, and sedanman. Rick you coming north this summer?

I sure hope so.... Maybe not summer, but we have a daughter getting married in NE Maryland on Sept. 21. Linda's cancer checkup July 30th might throw a wrench into our plan's if things don't check out well, but we're optimistic. If I don't make that wedding...i'm toast.....lol. I'll definitely let you know when the time get's closer. Since our other daughter lives in Frederick, i'm not gonna get up that way without getting together with you for a few hours at least..:thumleft:.

I have a 73 360 engine I dont no what the pump is other than napa replacement. I will take my old leaking one in to autozone with the paper I just printed. you can also pm me the other part number so i can look at it also.

I look forward to it, I used to drag race in fredrick in the 70s, I was stationed at dover afb at that time, see you later.

I found one today that I think will work it is mopar 376917 parts store wasnt sure what it fit but new it was mopar and said if it doesnt work bring it back they would match it up with something, so for 63 dollars Ill gamble.

It might be for a truck/van or diplomat by the later part #. I'll cross my fingers for ya

I have a brand new Mopar fan clutch that came with the Mopar vis fan package.
The clutch was to long for my aplication. $60 shipped.

Sedanman;

I have a 73 dart with slant 6/auto, I just ordered an new radiator a spectra cu527, it looks like this fan clutch would fit according to their compat list, this is the one you recommended.

NEW CLOSE OUT SALE 215043 IMPERIAL FAN CLUTCH 7-1/4"

I'll order one today. thanks ... Jerry

I did some research I think the one I have is for a fifth ave. It probably will work but I like the idea of johnny dart and will probably go that way, I have another fan coming I just want to check dimensions before I commit to mr dart.

I paid $35 for the clutch in the ebay ad via auto zone. I wish I had seen that ad 1st.

On its way Tom.

Attachments

• IMAG0269.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0270.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 149
-
Back