fan shroud part numbers 340 ??? have a fit issue

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
numbers i have are 2785 312

bought from another member with rad said it was 69 340
well my rad is a 68 looks the same as the one i got from him.
my issue is i got a new viscous clutch fan witch measures the same as stock fan i took off well i think its the stock one 6 blade never tryed it with the shroud so i dont know if it does the same

the fan is grazing the lower part of the shroud and i would hate to cut up a nice shroud just checking if these numbers are correct for what i was told

thanks

numbers i have are 2785 312

bought from another member with rad said it was 69 340
well my rad is a 68 looks the same as the one i got from him.
my issue is i got a new viscous clutch fan witch measures the same as stock fan i took off well i think its the stock one 6 blade never tryed it with the shroud so i dont know if it does the same

the fan is grazing the lower part of the shroud and i would hate to cut up a nice shroud just checking if these numbers are correct for what i was told

thanks

Is that a big block shroud? The small block shroud is available aftermarket and should work as long as the water pump entrance is on the factory side. I've seen people have trouble trying to install a 67-69 shroud on a car where the waterpump has been reversed. What do you have exactly?

i was told its a 68/9 340 rad and shroud

thats what im running 68 340 steel wtr pump hiting on the very bottom of it no where else it will spin but it drags lightly against it
pump and rad are all the same as oem struff no problems clearing the hoses
and part numbers are listed trying to find out what i have going on maybe it a 318 rad or something

I looked up that number in one of my books and from what I can find your shroud part# 2785312 is a (one year only) 67 big block fan shroud. The 68 fan shroud for a 340 should be a 2785614. There must be a slight difference in the two. You can sell the one you have (it will probably bring good money) and find a nice original 68 shroud You may even have some money left. Granted you have a water pump and timing cover that's oriented correctly you should have no problem installing the MP viscous fan unit.

thanks man thats good news not commen latley cars been kicking my you know what

thanks man thats good news not commen latley cars been kicking my you know what

Yeah when that happens to me I clear my head and move on to something else. There's never a shortage of other projects to tackle. I'll revisit it another day when my patience will handle it.

chubsgts,

I know it's been 6+ months since this post, but just wondering if you still have this fan shroud (#2785312). I have a '67 Notch that was an original 273 car and am striking out trying to find a shroud that will fit my 22" radiator (the 68-69 shroud versions for the 22" radiator are not interchangeable with the 67 unfortunately).

Thanks!

-
Back