Fantasy Football 2011

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
Looks like football is going to happen this year.:rock: I got into fantasy football a couple years ago and am hooked. I have never set a league/draft up but was wondering if anybody here has and would be willing to get something started? I could probably figure it out if needed. I think we should be able to get a dozen members or more to play along and even do a small prize for the winner or whatever. So lets here it, any body interested?
I know there was a member here a couple years ago tried but it didn't happen. Maybe this time?

Yep I tried getting it done last year here and didnt get enough. I'm always in for some fun. Let me know please Ill join up. Yahoo has a free one and is easy to use.

I would be in, I am in 2 leagues every year and it is really fun...I never ran a league or a draft but it shouldn't be to hard. They have the online drafts, count me in..

Good, thats 3. What min. teams for you guys 10? I played one last year that had 6. Kind of lame but I did make the playoffs. LOL. I realized half way through last year how important the draft is. The first one I was clueless and the second wasn't much better.

Count me in :colors: I don't know anything about fantasy football but would dig having a place to pick my winners here homecloned :rock:

Count me in :colors: I don't know anything about fantasy football but would dig having a place to pick my winners here homecloned :rock:

Its simple for those that dont follow football if you dont. The players are automatically ranked based on last years performance and this years expectations. You basically assemble a team VIA the Draft. You use that team to score points in a head to head match up each week against another memeber of your league. Now if you follow football even a little you can tweak your roster based on injury and who is performing good or bad.

You will enjoy it Mike. I wanted no part of it when Mary came home from work with the idea we join there office one a couple years ago. It makes the games more interesting because you have different players on different teams usually. Start planing now on a QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, K, Defense,....and I know im missing here.
You will need more then the starting line up also incase of bye weeks or injury or for different matchups. It almost always come down to the monday night game.

Count me in homecloned. We love football, but have never played fantasy league.

Count me in homecloned. We love football, but have never played fantasy league.

If you love football you will love this. I will help out as much as possible short of telling you which players to pick in the draft. A google search will really help for tips on your draft stratagy. It makes more then one game relevent(the Bucs game for me).

I am going to set the league/draft up and will keep everyone posted as soon as I have a handle on it.
Looks like we have 5 right now, if you have friends or family who aren't FABO members and would like to play, jump on in. If anybody wants to get a winners prize going let me know. Nothing big but just something to add some incentive to keep playing through the season.

I will play , ESPN does a free one with auto draft thats pretty fun . Just start a league and give people here the password .

Thanks DFootCuda, I will probably go with Yahoo since that is what I am familier with. I will get everyone the info asap.

Couple questions. Do we want to set it up where we can draft a defensive player, and do we want to count special team plays into our offensive players points?

I want to play. I ran a free league last year on NFL.com. It was a lot of fun and very easy to set up and run. i could put it together if that would help. You normally need ten teams, and all you do is go to site and set your league and email out ten invitations to join and you just except the invite and set a password and your in. NFL.com has the draft, keeps all the stats and records, you can drop and add players and also trade. They also have practice drafts and all kinds of player info.

I am going with Yahoo as of now. What time/date works for everyone for the live standard online draft? Looks like we have 8 of us interested. We need two more.

Here is the link for those who need help on how to play, or just ask me.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/createleague_league_type

The league will be called FABO Allstars.

Let me clear some pm space so I can get your email addresses which I think I need, not sure, still setting it up.

First game is Sept. 8

I want to play. I ran a free league last year on NFL.com. It was a lot of fun and very easy to set up and run. i could put it together if that would help. You normally need ten teams, and all you do is go to site and set your league and email out ten invitations to join and you just except the invite and set a password and your in. NFL.com has the draft, keeps all the stats and records, you can drop and add players and also trade. They also have practice drafts and all kinds of player info.

Thanks efriedriech. Going with yahoo, it sounds pretty similiar to NFL.com.

Thanks homecloned, It looks like you've got this handled. I was going to read the help link you posted, but I don't have a Yahoo account, so I couldn't see it? Do I need to setup an account w/ Yahoo to play in the league?

"Live draft"....wow :cool:. As far as a day and time, pick something that's convenient for you and post it. If there's a player that can't make it at that time, you could adjust it.

Let me poke around and see if I can find some kind of prize for the winner.

C'mon, we need a couple more members to join the FABO Allstars.....It sounds fun :thumrigh:

Thanks homecloned, It looks like you've got this handled. I was going to read the help link you posted, but I don't have a Yahoo account, so I couldn't see it? Do I need to setup an account w/ Yahoo to play in the league?

"Live draft"....wow :cool:. As far as a day and time, pick something that's convenient for you and post it. If there's a player that can't make it at that time, you could adjust it.

Let me poke around and see if I can find some kind of prize for the winner.

C'mon, we need a couple more members to join the FABO Allstars.....It sounds fun :thumrigh:

Yes on the yahoo account 6pk2goDemon, I hope that works for everyone. And thank you on the prize if you come up with something. I will do the same.

For me a Sunday afternoon or Some day in the evening except Wed and Friday. Dont set the draft too soon wanna see where everyones going first. FOOTBALL is back

Im down for a league. I would highly recommend doing a league through cbs sportsline. Their updates are much quicker and you dont have to wait a day to see how your points stack up like yahoo.

I agree, Yahoo just really isn't that good. I have been in a CBS sportsline league for ten years but we have to pay to use it.

-
Back