Fast-n- furious actor dead

-
Some maybe most may not like my comment, BUT I heard on the news today that when he was 33 his girlfriend was 16?? Was still with the same girl/woman when he died. Good lookin guy that appeared in car movies, I think that is where the Hollywood love comes from. If that was my daughter at 16 he would not have made it this long.

16 yrs old legal in nevada....

Some maybe most may not like my comment, BUT I heard on the news today that when he was 33 his girlfriend was 16?? Was still with the same girl/woman when he died. Good lookin guy that appeared in car movies, I think that is where the Hollywood love comes from. If that was my daughter at 16 he would not have made it this long.
wtf does that have to do with the price of tea in china?! That has to be one of the most ignorant comments I've seen... I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread. my dad is 15 years older than my mom.... Been married for 26yrs now. My dad and grandfather were best friends before they even started dating and were the same age. So, who are we to pass judgement on another's relationship let alone judgement in general...

I'm jealous!
My old rusty butt can only pull 3 time divorcees
with 6 kids.

wtf does that have to do with the price of tea in china?! That has to be one of the most ignorant comments I've seen... I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread. my dad is 15 years older than my mom.... Been married for 26yrs now. My dad and grandfather were best friends before they even started dating and were the same age. So, who are we to pass judgement on another's relationship let alone judgement in general...

I dunno Chuckie what does this have to do with tea?? Maybe a 33 year old scouting out the local High School is normal in your area....glad it works fer yer family....

One thing my Grampa always said...."just because an a-hole is dead doesnt make him less of an a-hole"

it's a car that was designed for F1

mid engine, turns very sharply, and extremely high rev and accelleration.

a difficult car to drive, according to professional drivers. no stability controls, very easy to make a mistake. only 1300 produced and not many of them are left, due to the difficulty level 10/10.

definitely not a car to fool around with on the street... too many variables. a track is controlled, inspected, has ramps for high speed corners, etc. tires are chosen to match track conditions.

street conditions change from one corner to the next. there are no ramped corners, there are repair patches however. curbs. potholes, leaves, rocks, twigs, etc.

it's sad that people learn the hard way. RIP paul walker & roger rodas

I'm disgusted with most of what I've seen written here. The guy was a car enthusiast and a good actor. Fast and furious was a good movie line and had many muscle cars in it as well as tuners and even really cool diesel trucks. It helped boost and support our hobby in so many ways including but not limited to supporting year one, NOS and other car parts suppliers. Suppliers we need and use for our cars.

We've all driven over the speed limit and taken chances.Car crashed 2 good guys are dead. It is a loss for a lot of people.

RIP Paul and Roger. Prayers and peace to their family and friends. Too many haters on this site.

I'm disgusted with most of what I've seen written here. The guy was a car enthusiast and a good actor. Fast and furious was a good movie line and had many muscle cars in it as well as tuners and even really cool diesel trucks. It helped boost and support our hobby in so many ways including but not limited to supporting year one, NOS and other car parts suppliers. Suppliers we need and use for our cars.

We've all driven over the speed limit and taken chances.Car crashed 2 good guys are dead. It is a loss for a lot of people.

RIP Paul and Roger. Prayers and peace to their family and friends. Too many haters on this site.

Here, Here
Well said!

But I really want to see how far this train wreck thread will go.
I'm fascinated by its degeneration into slander and liable with
some good old gossip thrown in to keep it stirred.

Attachments

• DE0quJu.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 233

exactly... :burnout:

Why are you laughing? The car was reported to have a power steering leak. They took the car out to diagnosis it and that's when this occurred. Good chance the leak got onto the tires and assisted with the loss of traction and fire.

If you saw the video on the news this morning accessive speed was the problem. I have had power steering go out on me before and I didn't hit anything. When I was 16 I would drive fast, but there comes a time when we must all grow up. High speed belongs on the track, not a city street, and that goes for the cops that case on city streets too. Its fortunate no one else, in other cars or on the street, got killed also.

Condolences to the family, but there is an important lesson to be learned here.

If you saw the video on the news this morning accessive speed was the problem. I have had power steering go out on me before and I didn't hit anything. When I was 16 I would drive fast, but there comes a time when we must all grow up. High speed belongs on the track, not a city street, and that goes for the cops that case on city streets too. Its fortunate no one else, in other cars or on the street, got killed also.

Ive been thinking about this and really its a great message for the kids and people who take the line of movies and street racing to heart. These were two advanced drivers that killed them selves on the street. If anything this is THE perfect example to use to deter street racing or reckless driving.

Make lemonade out of lemons people...

It was NOT the problem. YOU should pay more attention to everything that comes out on it than blabber. They interviewed a friend who was literally less than a mile down the road. He stated "they were not speeding". Porches are made to disintegrate on impact so that the force is spread throughout the car instead of towards the passengers. Maybe you should read a tad bit more into it.:happy1:

Good thing you live out where no one really want's to (no offense) but many younger girls in CA and I am sure other states will ONLY date older men. This doesn't mean I approve, but it does happen. And also....just because YOU and others don't like it, does not mean her parents minded.

It was NOT the problem. YOU should pay more attention to everything that comes out on it than blabber. They interviewed a friend who was literally less than a mile down the road. He stated "they were not speeding". Porches are made to disintegrate on impact so that the force is spread throughout the car instead of towards the passengers. Maybe you should read a tad bit more into it.:happy1:

Sorry but on ABC this morning they had a shot of the car from a security camera down the street, it was FLYING. They said SPEED WAS A FACTOR DUH! When it hit it literally exploded. That does not happen going the 35 MPH posted speed on most city streets, you also do not lose control going that slow, even if you lose the power steering. Stop trying to defend stupidity. I knew a girl that skidded through a y intersection and up a 80 degree embankment of ballast rock to hang her front wheel on the railroad track. She and her passenger swore they were not speeding either. Did I believe them? Not for a minute.

How many videos are posted on this site of test runs of cars on the street? Everyone of them breaking the law. Yes, they were flying. Big surprise. Why is everyone fixated on BS that doesn't matter?

Sorry but on ABC this morning they had a shot of the car from a security camera down the street, it was FLYING. They said SPEED WAS A FACTOR DUH! When it hit it literally exploded. That does not happen going the 35 MPH posted speed on most city streets, you also do not lose control going that slow, even if you lose the power steering. Stop trying to defend stupidity. I knew a girl that skidded through a y intersection and up a 80 degree embankment of ballast rock to hang her front wheel on the railroad track. She and her passenger swore they were not speeding either. Did I believe them? Not for a minute.

This video ? http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-car-crash-video-moment-of-impact/

That only shows the impact? If so you are not very well rounded on this subject. There is no way you can tell how fast they were going from this video. If you read above which you clearly didn't and I don't understand why I continue to go along with this, this Porsche was designed to designate on impact so that the force is away from the driver and passenger. Speed is a factor but was not the sole cause of the issue. But your statements of "it was FLYING" doesn't pan out unless there is clear video that I have not personally seen of the car actually "flying" aka speeding at a MPH unsafe for the street and that bend.

This video ? http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-car-crash-video-moment-of-impact/ That only shows the impact? If so you are not very well rounded on this subject. There is no way you can tell how fast they were going from this video. If you read above which you clearly didn't and I don't understand why I continue to go along with this, this Porsche was designed to designate on impact so that the force is away from the driver and passenger. Speed is a factor but was not the sole cause of the issue. But your statements of "it was FLYING" doesn't pan out unless there is clear video that I have not personally seen of the car actually "flying" aka speeding at a MPH unsafe for the street and that bend.
and that doesn't show much of anything.

How many videos are posted on this site of test runs of cars on the street? Everyone of them breaking the law. Yes, they were flying. Big surprise. Why is everyone fixated on BS that doesn't matter?

Because some can't climb down off their High Horses long enough to see this as a tragic loss of 2 lives because the driver more than likely pushed the envelope to far and lost. May they both rest in peace.

This video ? http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-car-crash-video-moment-of-impact/

That only shows the impact? If so you are not very well rounded on this subject. There is no way you can tell how fast they were going from this video. If you read above which you clearly didn't and I don't understand why I continue to go along with this, this Porsche was designed to designate on impact so that the force is away from the driver and passenger. Speed is a factor but was not the sole cause of the issue. But your statements of "it was FLYING" doesn't pan out unless there is clear video that I have not personally seen of the car actually "flying" aka speeding at a MPH unsafe for the street and that bend.

Quit trying to defend him, if the Porsche is so sorry that it cannot handle a city street at the speed limit, then someone should have their head examined for buying one in the first place. If you want to condone street racing, and a 33 year old phedofile that prays on 16 year old girls, I do not understand you anyway. Like someone above said, if she had been my daughter he may not have lived to crash a Porsche.

Why can't people just move on.....another thread gone to the crapper....

May these 2 young men RIP.

If your mother, or wife, or child had been crossing the street, or driving through the intersection it would matter a whole lot to you. I'm not negating two lives, I am just saying these guys were clearly in the wrong. Racing is for race tracks, and not city streets.

Quit trying to defend him, if the Porsche is so sorry that it cannot handle a city street at the speed limit, then someone should have their head examined for buying one in the first place. If you want to condone street racing, and a 33 year old phedofile that prays on 16 year old girls, I do not understand you anyway. Like someone above said, if she had been my daughter he may not have lived to crash a Porsche.

:cheers::thumbrig:

LOL don't be upset because you can't defend your point of view. "Porsche is so sorry it cannot handle a city street at the speed limit" Confused by this...are you saying we shouldn't drive fast cars on the streets? hmmm "condone street racing" hmm I am pretty sure that's not what happened unless you're talking about the movies. "33 year old phedofile" 1) The legal age in Nevada as stated earlier is 16 2) IF parents give consent any age is pretty much legal. No one is defending a Phedofile. This term makes it "illegal" which it clearly was not if he was roaming the streets freely. And like "I" said....if it was your daughter this would be a case of being illegal and most likely they would not be seeing each other. However if you're in Nevada it's legal. Ca legal if consent by parents given. Don't get your personal emotions or views mixed in someones death.. He WAS NOT DRIVING. Funny how you're mad at him when he in his last seconds of his life had no control of how this went down. And you keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

What kind of impact do you think it takes to compress the wheelbase on one side by a couple feet and extend the wheelbase on the other side by a couple feet?

That was a violent, high speed, collision.

What kind of impact do you think it takes to compress the wheelbase on one side by a couple feet and extend the wheelbase on the other side by a couple feet?

That was a violent, high speed, collision.

Ill research it later fOr that car

It makes interesting read, and as human we all have opinion on this and lots of other things.

But it was sad to see two persons die this way and I am sure there are many accidents and deaths around the world every day, but we don't hear about them.

RIP

-
Back