Fast Ratio Box Value?

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I need some help kinda' quick & hope some people here can help me out. I have found someone who has a 16 to 1 manual steering box that he is willing to sell. I asked how much he wamted for it & he said he would prefer that I make an offer. I have contacted him for info as to how much free play the box has & how many miles the car had on it, & maybe to get a picture of it. Without being able to get my hands on it to determine condition I will have to go on what the seller tells me about it.

What would be a fair amount to offer for this? I want to be fair to him and me. What have they sold for in the recent past? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

How much do you know about the seller? Sounds to me like he doesn't know what he has (just a steering box off an old car) and is fishing for a value. If that is the case, I would offer him $25 to start and work from there. I've recently bought steering boxes for that. If you start out too high you run the risk of the seller deciding to sit on it in the hopes that it will be worth even more later. If he/she is offended, you can always offer more money. Just my $.02.

-
Back