Fastback glass removal

-

harrytoes

Reaction score
The body shop that is fixing my rear quaters won't touch the glass on my 68 gastback. He doesn't want to break it. Is this really hard to get out? What will I need to buy to put the window back in?

When I had the glass removed from my 67 fastback the rear was considerably easier than the front. A competent body shop should not have any fear unless they see some flaws.

Easiest way to get it out is cut the gasket. New one is about $100.

find a different body shop. the one I am using presently, they called in the best to remove the glass, Oakland Glass. in your area, start looking around. of what i have read and heard over the years, these are pretty easy to r and r and not to easy to break.

I agree with AdamR, cut the gasket, remove the window and install a new gasket. The rubber gasket in probably brittle from age and exposure. If the gasket in newer and you don't want to cut it, take it to a different shop.

I knew I was in trouble at the Auto Body shop when the owner walked out wearing a Ford Mustang jacket. He said he would take the window out but he won't put it back in. I am pretty limited with body shops in the area. Nobody really wants to touch my car. The one shop in the area that does resto work just made the cover of Hot Rod Magazine. They are way over priced. Check out the '70 cuda they did.

http://www.kreationsautobody.com/70Cuda.htm

Wish I had the money for soemthing like that.

wow, thats one good lookin cuda, i'm not to fond of the fish on the concole but o well, looks clean, i prefer the vintage/more stock look myself

What body shop are you using? So I know who not to use in the future.
BTW
I live in Humboldt County also.

-
Back