Fastest 70 model car?

-
I 100% agree Cliff.

Just another thought from my previous post, i know smallblock asked the question of the fastest, but if you combine braking, handling and power the 70' 350/370 LT1 Vette was the best package of any of the 1970 american performance cars.....jmo.
That it was. I test drove a 70 with a 454 and it handled better than most 70's cars. I should have bought it after getting out of the Army.

I 100% agree Cliff.

Just another thought from my previous post, i know smallblock asked the question of the fastest, but if you combine braking, handling and power the 70' 350/370 LT1 Vette was the best package of any of the 1970 american performance cars.....jmo.

i personally find the 1970-1 dodge/plymouth/chrysler line-ups the most awesome years for the pentestar with baddest in body lines, options, appearance packages and performance options. these are the cars that i fell in love with and feed my addiction

i personally find the 1970-1 dodge/plymouth/chrysler line-ups the most awesome years for the pentestar with baddest in body lines, options, appearance packages and performance options. these are the cars that i fell in love with and feed my addiction

They were all great back in the day. If the op had made the post for a specific brand it would be easy. But with it wide open with the best of 1970 then all bets are off. Yes Mopars are my favorite they leveled the playing field back and won in the day for the working man. But some of these muscle cars were high dollar even then. Take for example, Buick GSX, Olds 442 W30,Pontiac GTO Judge, Boss 302 and 429, any car with a Hemi.

Same here. I know i'm spitting hair's but among those i always prefered the Plymouth side....Duster/Dart, Cuda/Chally, RR/Super Bee. And the 300 series is great looking for a large car.

Its all fun but I am surprised to see a catalina so high, I always think of those as big ugly boats. My father had a 73 454 vette and it was very fast at the time.

Put some F70-14s on it, turn the traction control off and see what happens.

Well one of the biggest problems with the newer cars, big brakes. You could never get a set 0f 14's on it. I had a set of 17" cobra rims and Hoosier ET Streets on it. I eventually got the car to run 12.22 @ 115 before I sold it and bought my duster.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack, back to your originally scheduled thread. :D

-
Back