fastest n/a slant six como??

-
Wide open question. are we talking fastest car? most HP/TQ? or quickest?
Even a hot /6 isn't going to be a rocket in a volare wagon with 2.76 gears :)
and most any stock /2 will do 120mph toward the top end

I dont know much about whats out there but to at least give you an idea there was a guy around my way who had a black dart with aslant 6 in it. He rans 14s without spray and 13s on spray. He was at 250hp? I beleive. Theres a guy in Australia with a slant 6 with 600hp. I think he runs high high boost though. Not sure what times he turns.

I don't know his name or car yet but let me go serching, I beleave low 9's

You can look into one of our local boys - Doug Dutra. Doug's been campaigning and modifying /6s for quite awhile now.

Cammron Tilley has 600HP /6, Charles Myers has been in the 9s, Dale Rose is in the 10s maybe 9s, Mike Jefferies is in the 10s, Tom Drake was in the 9s etc. A lot of the runs are on vid on you tube.
Frank
Oh and Doug is in the 12s and these are all 1/4 mile times.8)

I have a 73 duster that has a great slant 6 and 904 tranny that I will be
pulling soon and installing a 360. Anyone interested can call me at 940-521-1800 Tim

where is doug dutra located. are there any slant 6 guys around the northern california bay area. i want to build one up with a tripple weber set up. i think it would be fun to see the look on peoples faces when you open the hood. i guess i just want something different.

Doug is located by you in the bay area. There are also afew others over there too. I also wanted to do the side drafts but after finding they arn't a very streetable i went with the Holley 4bbl. I have seen a slant wagon run in the 11's with the triple side draft set up but it was a track only car!

cool! i really didnt know he was that close. i really want to pull my 225 out and build it. it still runs great. only has 42,000 original miles on it. but i want to build something that i can have fun with. do you know anyone that can do my head for me. i was looking at the clifford set up. but i am afraid to order from them because i have heard they have bad customer service. or if it isnt a problem, could you recommend how to build a slant 6. as far as what components to purchase. this will be my first motor build. i wanted to go as extreme as i could go but still be able to drive it to car shows. everyone i talk to tells me to slap a v8 in it and call it a day. but i want this car to be different. any help is appreciated.

If you go to slantsix.org you can talk to him about what you are trying to do, he does head work too. If you want the best send your head to Mike Jefferies, he is getting mine at the end of the raceing season. I had my head done by Rex Hutchingsons Racing in Sacramento, he did a nice job. Its good to do somthing differant and to stand out! As for Clifford i would call and talk to them and voice what you have heard, my opinion is that you will hear of the bad but not the good, i have heard of alot of deals that went well. Talk to doug about your build and think long and hard about what you want out of it, there are thing i am still changing on mine but i also have a feeling i will never stop changing things up!8)

Ive ordered headers and plenty fo parts from Clifford and never had a problem. I wasnt dissapointed with anything i received either.

The fastest anyone has been with an N/A Slant is Team Green and their '62 Lancer. It went 10:50's or so at about 125 when they had 30% nitro in it. It would run 10:70's on straight alky.

The car was an absolute work of art. Tube chassis, home built injectors, air shifted 5 speed out of Allen Johnson's Pro Stocker, and always show quality.

The car is now owned by Bob Stepp in California and will probably never see the light of day again.

Other than them, about the fastest anyone has been N/A is around 11:50's on alcohol. Mike Jeffrey and Seymour Pederson have been 11:70's on gasoline.

I've been 12:0's in a Valiant street car on spray.

Clifford is OK for headers, and manifolds. They also have a valve cover. I would not get a head from them (over priced for the results), as stated Mike Jeffery. There are better places to get cams and valve train parts, also. Erson Cams has been treating the slanters well. There is a special deal at www.slantsix.org

There are quite a few slant six racers in the Calf, Or, Wa area.

sounds good. thanks for all the info. i want to gather all the parts so that i can keep driving it during the summer and when winter comes around i can pull the motor and build it.

Over on the Slantsix.org site as well You will find... Mark Etheridge...
"madmax/6" ... he is running into the mid 11's,,N/A

He has some video on Youtube running at Irwindale, Ca. I think he holds the B/Gas record at the moment... Take look at his postings on the SlantSix.org site.

He is impressive to watch run!

Big T

A,B,And C records on gas are held by me,now I am going for nitrous records at Vegas with a motor with over 400 runs on it,gonna spray a 60 shot and pray.Guzzi Mark

That's great, Mark. I'll be pullin for you.

A,B,And C records on gas are held by me,now I am going for nitrous records at Vegas with a motor with over 400 runs on it,gonna spray a 60 shot and pray.Guzzi Mark

speaking of vegas!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxvC4o2ftA&feature=channel_video_title"]Round 1 Eliminations Ed Vs. Mark - YouTube[/ame]

where is doug dutra located. are there any slant 6 guys around the northern california bay area. i want to build one up with a tripple weber set up. i think it would be fun to see the look on peoples faces when you open the hood. i guess i just want something different.
About 20 years ago, I saw a '64 Dart run 11.20's at Carlsbad. It had the 3 side draft Webers on it, DOT tires, and full exhaust. No light weight stuff on it either. Looked like grandma's car with the hub caps yanked. Only saw it there the one time.....always wondered what happen to it......

Dart wagon from up here in the NW. It was in the SA books on wagons. Painted blue running an injected S/6. Really trick setup. Saw it run one time at Pacific. I'm sure it runs low 11's high 10's. It's a regular in the Division 6 tracks. My buddy runs a 67 Valient S6 car, mainly a street car. He ran Dutra several years ago in Vegas. Of course Dutra cleaned his clock.

-
Back