Fat Blue Fish Build

-
I saw your avatar and looked up your build. I spent an hour reading a build thread for one of the nicest Abody I have ever seen!!! I love your car!! It's perfect!!=P~

Thanks.....it's been a while since I posted. I have been busy with no work so bid bid bid.....and cross my fingers.

Damn you Obama.

Anyway I thought I would post a couple of pics of some of my trinkets that I received at a couple of the last car shows this season.....I am only posting them because I think they are cool looking trophy's.

One at Goodguys and one at a car show for cancer in Leavenworth, KS.....ask Confusedcuda about that one.......he got a drag racing ticket on the way out of town.....at least he was smoking the Chevelle when he got popped......
Oh and one at the Gladstone show where confused cuda forgot his belt...er I guess.

So enjoy cause the season is OVER. I already have started tearing my car apart again so I can fine tune before the World o Wheels show this Feb.

CU soon

Mop

100_2704w.jpg

100_2693w.jpg

100_2661w.jpg

100_2675w.jpg

100_2677w.jpg

Thanks for the ride, that was alot of fun, I'll trade you your driveway for my 2 miles of gravel I have to drive on. Nice fish, well done.

Wow.

45 days down due to a 1 cent transistor.

MSD box took a dive in October so I missed the last few shows. Well I finally got the box back yesterday and today she rides again.

Just in time for snow.

I'll get a few shots for you today.

The trip around the track looked awesome!Very nice car!

P.S You gotta do something with that driveway LOL.

Yea......the driveway is a major issue. I'll sit here on the bridge a while and think about that one.:dontknow:........OK I'll get to it next year for sure.

Today was the last drive of the year and I had a nice short drive one since its cold...I did warm up the tires a few times for sure. I took lots of pics finally as well.

Enjoy some the pics and a Merry Xmas gift to follow.

Mop

100_2862w.jpg

100_2924w.jpg

100_2868w.jpg

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you....

I am so glad I got off my ars and got my junk inside yesterday.....8 hours later and It would have sucked.....

This time the grasshopper listened to the ant.

100_2942w.jpg

And the ride around the KC Speedway Recorrupted - Rated G

Feel free to show the kids....If they know how to bang their heads.

The wife complained about the spoken word version.....I don't F'n know why.

What is the name of the band that is playing in the vid??

Good Question......I found them on Youtube.....they are an all instrumental band.

I tried to use some old Van Halen but they DENIED me.

It's music they let you choose from on the page tab that's labeled Audio Swap. Edit your video button.

Mop

Howdy all,

Been a long winter but I'm back to working on the fish....Got to the trunk recently.....turned out pretty nice without having to clog it up with big amps and speakers. Reused the pitted fish and painted the bad parts with tex-arg.
Matched the interior pattern to keep it looking stock.

I have a crackberry and headphones for a stereo...works good enough for me.....for now.

MN bound for the MWMIP show this FRI:cheers:. CAN'T WAIT!

Enjoy.

100_3208w.jpg

100_3213w.jpg

100_3217w.jpg

That trunk finish job really looks nice. One thing I don't like about my car (stock trunk and trim) is how "unfinished" the trunk looks when the divider is folded down.

Thanks for the kindness.

This was real easy to do.

Cardboard pattern and some matching vinyl from Legendary.....I cut the patterns from crappy cardboard first then transferred them to the good stuff....got it all to fit real nice.....

Drew a pretty picture of what I wanted it to look like and handed the parts off to a friend of mine who sews.

I did the carpet and covered the small filler pieces at the front end of the trunk, installed all the finished parts and voila!

Simple yet stunning if I do say so myself. The sweet part is how easy they come back out so I can get to my battery and my air ride system with no tools!

I also hated the inside of the trunk unfinished.......$375.00 total invested in case you were wondering.

Mop

One last detail...I did not like the way the air cleaner attached to the carb so I used one of my old hood fish and fastened some .016 stainless screen to the back and lucky me it fit right over the ugly lid attachment....hate to say it but some super glue gel is all that keeps it on.

I have about 38 miles on it and it's holding on well so far.

It looks great under normal light...you can't see through the mesh...the flash shows all imperfections and through the mesh, the two allen head bolts that actually hold the air cleaner on. You could do the same thing with a 1/14" washer and a tack welded bolt on the back side for a standard air cleaner.

$0.00

Mop

100_3219w.jpg

-
Back