father and son 1974 duster

-
Looking good. The wheel and tire combo looks good.
What paint did you use to paint your dash? Rattle Can?
I did rattle can on mine and it looks good also rattle canned clear on it too.

I really like that. Is the inside going to be completely black or are you going to do a complementing color like red or the original blue? Also, I don't know if you've seen this, but there is an edit button right next to the quotes so you can edit your posts a little after you've posted them originally, say if you wanted to add something once you thought you were done.

About no one else commenting, some are like that, you can do all the updates in the world and no one may comment. But don't get discouraged. Once people realize what's going on they'll come in besides, I like watching the updates. I must say, you stared out with a really clean car.

Thankyou,as for the interior I will be doing it all black,and as for the editing I am just not good on the computer all the time.I just like hearing what everybody has to say.

today I am going to try to put some int. in the car .does anybody know why might this taillight does not have the silver? my other one does.
Thankyou

Attachments

• duster78 037.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 214
I just got done ordering some parts.

New steering column cover.

chrome door lock knobs

Trunk mat

trunk seal

and hood bumper kit

all for a grand total of........$124!!!

well I made good progress today,the sides of the quarter in the trunk was covered with old undercoating.I Spackled it but it kept on coming through. I went to the parts store and I decided to bed liner the inner quarters and then Spackle over that,well that got the job done great.I also painted the grille argent and installed it,I dyed the sun visors,dash vent and the rear upper seat.I looked at the mat and decided even though it keeps the water from soaking through,I don't want to put a old rubber mat in with new int.so this week I will order dash vent hoses,package tray,and a rug.

Nice clean body.
Look into duplicolor vynal paint for the seats, and door panels.
Scrub the parts good with soap and water.
Let dry and wipe clean with laquar thinner.
The paint sticks good with the proper paint and remains flexable.

Nice clean body.
Look into duplicolor vynal paint for the seats, and door panels.
Scrub the parts good with soap and water.
Let dry and wipe clean with laquar thinner.
The paint sticks good with the proper paint and remains flexable.

I already painted the seats and door panels and plan to post pics soon

Its coming along great....

Love the choice on the wheels/tires.

Keep it up........

Well,I haven't updated in awhile .I have got the tail lights in with the new gaskets and I got my steering colum cover today.I painted the jack, the trunk and hood lactches. I also got the new mat for the trunk at rewired all of it with new bulbs.I also got my weather stripping in the trunk,. sorry im not always good with computers.

I will post pics when I get a chance and I should have my new heater hoses,rug and package tray in this week

last night I painted the jack and my hood bumpers and spare tire in.I also cleaned and dyed all of my seat belts. slowly but surely were making progress.

Hi,does anybody else use the hole night to work on a car and forget to post pics? so far I have gotten a new rug,coated the floor and put the rear seat in . I should have the whole int. done this week as i have if off,I can also post some progress pics.all i have left to do is buy a dash cap , heater hoses,dash vent,and a front bench seat cover,and rear sail panels.after I get that done i will just do a suspension upgrade in the front with new bushings ,put a 8 3/4 rear in it,and send it to body.The body guy is going to keep it the same color and just fix the rust.I will then add a 1970 side stripe and a wing and move the front and rear bumpers in

Man that duster is in good shape. The stripes should look awesome. Beautiful job on the cuda.

Wow, you two are making great progress. The car really looks awesome. Been a bit too cold for my kids and I too work on our Duster, but your thread certainly keeps us motivated!

Pat

Man that duster is in good shape. The stripes should look awesome. Beautiful job on the cuda.

yes,the duster is very solid,im just going to bring it for a little touch up.The cuda i've had for 33 years now and started out as a 340 car that i drove in high school

Wow, you two are making great progress. The car really looks awesome. Been a bit too cold for my kids and I too work on our Duster, but your thread certainly keeps us motivated!

Thanks alot! I got motivated by all of these threads and its good to know everybodys comments

Just saw this post for the first time .Great looking car.
Hope to see it Fathers Day weekend. You are doing some nice work there
R BEE

Use a broad tip paint pen to color the lines in on the tail lights. A little careful time doing this will really make them look good. I did that on my that I restored. They look great.

-RPM

-
Back