Father-Son/Daughter Projects.

-

seabee

Reaction score
Would love to hear some of your stories about projects done with your kids or parents. Could use a little motivation to get to work on my own project tbh.

My father and his brothers were racers/car guys in the 60's/70's and we always talked about starting a project but it never happened. Now he's on the other side of the country and getting up there in years so I'm looking to make that promise stick with my own kids. My daughter and I have spent some great times in the garage and I look forward to her and my new son enjoying a project or two.

Any tips on how to keep them motivated, interested, and safe?

-Seabee

dcc03fc4.jpg

5E9A4D34-2543-4A2A-8D91-990793B09E6C-2725-0000040A1ACCBE45_zps3b2e6d42.jpg

Cute kid I would put some safety glasses on her. Compressed air and using her hand for protection not good. IMO. Bill

Unfortunately my girls never really took an interest in working on one of our cars, my Grandson, now that's a different tune.

Every time he comes over it's Grandpa let's go work on the race car, not too hard to keep him interested.

Helping disassemble the engine for rebuild.
View attachment ME and C.JPG

Helping take the front seat apart to clean and dye. He loves that stubby ratchet.
View attachment C-seat.jpg

Both my mopars are projects with my dad. He is 70 this year. The first was really his vision and I helped. This barracuda is mine and he is helping.

-
Back