Father son project.

-

goat70

Reaction score
Hello
My son just bought a 65 barracuda off facebook for $7500 running and driving. I am the chief mechanic.Back story is a person dump a lot of money in a restoration up grades many after market parts.with rebuilt engine and paint not professionally It’s a 10 footer by looks but is an eye catching.First drive the connecting rod left the block.the owner sick from lost investment put it in storage.years later new owner.He replaces engine with a 318 I haven’t identified yet looks like a truck engine with a hacker oil pan modifications.I am chasing problems at the moment ,but first impressions no rot in floors,torque boxes,rails or anywhere k member has a good thump in front but good all panels look good but never sure.
Leak on the driver side looks to be the fresh duct drain maybe plugged haven’t found exit yet cleaning it out today.Also fluid changes and trying to figure out the oil dipstick with the modified oil pan. The brakes have some gremlins to sort out(modified) pretty sure it’s the booster.Also adjust the b&m shifter then test drive
My son is also going to join soon
Overall I think he has a great car

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3330.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3342.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome from West Virginia...........................

"My son just bought a 65 barracuda off facebook for 75k running driving."

I hope you forgot the decimal point???

I sincerely hope you didn't pay 75,000 for that car, I believe you meant 7500.00 that would be more in line. How bad are the floor pans, etc? If it's just surface rust, that is an easy fix. If it's rusted through, break out the tools, locate patches and go to work. It looks to be fairly solid from the outside, but you never know what is lurking under the shiny paint. Good luck, and welcome from Texas.

I sincerely hope you didn't pay 75,000 for that car, I believe you meant 7500.00 that would be more in line. How bad are the floor pans, etc? If it's just surface rust, that is an easy fix. If it's rusted through, break out the tools, locate patches and go to work. It looks to be fairly solid from the outside, but you never know what is lurking under the shiny paint. Good luck, and welcome from Texas.
7500 just surface rust on ds floor easy fix

Welcome. Father/son projects are great endevors!\

Well it is a NY car, and an old car, so we know to look it over GOOD and make it safe!!! Looks like really good starting point!

Welcome. Father/son projects are great endevors!\

Well it is a NY car, and an old car, so we know to look it over GOOD and make it safe!!! Looks like really good starting point!
Safe is number one kids and grandkids are passengers

SO cool. I envy both of you. I didn't get along with my father at all, so I am happy for you guys.
This will be a bonding event you can both cherish forever.

That looks like a good start.

love the paint, but the interior looks like it was a father/daughter project before

Being so close to the end of the driving season here, we are just looking to get it out and get some miles driven. It will be changed next spring.
No worries man, but someone had to say it

Ask your old man about the FM3 paint code

Now there was something else

Anyway, what are your plans for it?

-
Back