FAVORITE Car Chase Movies.

-

madmaximum

CA-HWY9 Road Race Rebel
Reaction score
I just watched Vanishing point again... I Want that car SOOOoo Bad now. Pistol grip Challenger R/T with a Supercharger (Allegedly) The whole movie is about Driving and being a Bad ***!!!!!!!!! Great Car movie. Not a scene goes bye where that Sure-Grip isnt spinnin em both faster that those Bias Ply's can Handle...

And do not forget the Blues Brothers.
Cop Tires,
Cop Shocks,
Cop Motor, 440 Plants,
and it's the year before Catalytic Converters, so it runs good on Regular gas.
Go Monaco!

I also just watched Bullit. That one is kinda lame Comparitavely. They had to put skinnier tires on the Charger so it would look cool Head to Head with the 67 Mustang McQueen was driving. The chase just is kinda Lame. Not worth watching the rest of the movie except for Bullitt's Cute Girlfriend!

I think Bullit and the French Connection have some of the best car chases in them. Just my thoughts.

The Original Gone in 60 Seconds,

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry,

the L.A. River segment in Gumball Ralley.

The car chase in Striking Distance.

French Connection of course

The end of Steve McQueens last movie, The Hunter

The chase in the warehouse in The Driver

The Junkman, the other H.B. Halliki (60 Seconds) movie

Ronin

lots of others probably

I saw the original Vanishing Point was on last night and I would have loved to see it but wouldn't you know it was on a channel that I don't get.:angry7: I haven't seen it since I was a kid when it came out. If you want a show with a massive chase scene Gone in 60 Seconds is the best. Not a Mopar but a great chase scene nevertheless. Bullitt was disappointing. Anybody that knows anything knows there wasn't very many Mustangs fast enough to give a BB Charger a run. I guess if I was a Ferd guy I'd love it.:munky2:

I just downloaded the Original Gone in 60. I remember it being one of my favorites. It has a great feel the way H.B. made the movie. The new one is not half as good.

I Loved Vanishing point cause Me and my buddies could have made it. All Old school real world shooting. No Fancy Computer Generation. No big Intricate chases. Simply Bad *** Driving!

Bullitt was totally a let down. I don't even like that movie anymore. The chase scene isnt that good and its all that movie has going for it.

Blues Brothers! Now that's a Movie!!!! And who doesn't love seeing Cops Wreck?! Brav-o Great Car chases throughout....

I just watched all 3 Mad Max's 1 & 2 have good Car Action. Well you could hardly call them cars in #2 except for max's Weiand Inducted Interceptor! Sweet.

I am about to watch 1974 Gone in 60 seconds and Ronin tomorrow, Never seen it... I thought the New Bond Movies should be mentioned too. Bond Movies are great and usually have at least a Car chase scene. I forget the set up but doesn't he lower a Jag off of a flatbed into traffic to chase someone with it?! (Maybe I was High and thinkin of something else...)

Anyways Bullit gets one star from me now. and Vanishing Point gets 4 maybe 5. Blues Bros definately gets 5. I'll let ya'll know about Ronin. Heard its great, though I've never seen it.

Also a great car movie "USED CARS" with Kurt Russel. "Let's see what this baby's constructed of!" Great Movie! Boobies, Humor. Lots of car action and Sleezbags!

Some of the Bond flicks are good for chase scenes. The Italian Job was a modern movie that made good use of those Mini-Coopers in several chase scenes.

SOOooo Much cool driving in that movie!!! And the cheesy 70s Wigs are CLASSIC! Worth the whole movie for Entertainment found strictly in the wigs. Love the Horrible Voice Dubbing! Good Material. Nice cars. **** son-of-a-guns! Eleanor get Thrashed!!! Wow that is one wild mustang! i mean 3...
Way cooler than Bullit in every way except Steve is cool. Just plain cool. Still watch Gone in 60 Seconds first and more frequently.. It'll do ya good. Besides everyone loves a good heist!

On to Ronin...

I downloaded rp23g's Movie List... I knew this thread was a good idea.

I can't stop thinking about that White Challenger's Pistol Grip. I want to drive that movie all over again! Anyone else wanna do a re-make. Could even use a new challenger! Well and a Pistol Grip I guess. Maybe Hurst could sponsor the ride. I volunteer for Driving! ... Need a film crew and some good uppers! Lol. Oh and a hottie riding her Motorcycle around Naked! Guy on mo-ped optional...

I also just watched Bullit. That one is kinda lame......

Huh? Bullit has to be one of THE greatest car chases of all time! Even though the Charger looses 11 hub caps....

Blues Brothers in the Mall.

Ronin: AWESOME!

The ORIGINAL Italian Job (not that fluff-crap w/ Brad Pitt) where they're jumping Mini Coopers from roof top to roof top.... way cool.

Vanishing Point? Yawn.... More Hype than anything else.

You forgot to mention the Dukes of Hazzard. :-D

Eat my dust (Ron Howard),

Death Proof (Quentin Tarantino),

Two Lane Blacktop (James Taylor),

Ronin,

Convoy,

Smokey and the Bandit,

Any Dukes of Hazzard eposode,

And I saw a movie once and cant ever remember the name, It was a high school kid street racing a chevelle and they blow his car up then someone shows him a 57 chevy under the football field and he race's through the town at the end, Anybody??????

deathproof is a good modern car cult chase movie. Kind of a strange movie but the cars and chases are pretty good

my all time favorite is vanishing point....just a big cop chase with my favorite car, 1970 dodge challenger RT

Anybody remember The Seven-ups with Roy Scheider?Bet he had a headache at the end.

BronxMopars1 is talking about a movie called "Catch me if you can" it came out in 1989. the premise is the local highschool is threatened to be closed, unless they collect $200,000. The students' president Melissa struggles to collect the money, but lacks the support from her fellow students. So she accepts when car fetishist Dylan suggests to bet on him in car races. Like Bronxmopars1 said, once his car gets blown up, the school principal (who used to street race back in the day) and buried his 57 Chevy under the football field, unviels the car and gives it to the kids to race.

Bullit ranks up there, period who cares if the BB stang beats up on a RT charger. Those were probably the stock size tires that came on a 1968 RT charger! The mustang was modified with torque thrust wheels , bigger tires, engine mods, etc. and the only reason it could catch the mopar was because it was writtenin the script. The film editing at the end of the chase was sort of lame, but still the other scenes through the city were great!!

Vanishing Point is great also.

French connection very good.

The Driver Good

I forgot about Convoy, thats a great movie too.

My shop teacher at Renton Voc Tech, I went there in 86, knew the body guy who worked on the original Elenor, has a signed door panel from her.

Any one ever see the True Hollywood Story on that movie. They said all those chase scenes were planned and run, without permission from anyone, usually on Sat. and Sun mornings.

One of the drivers said in the scenes where the Mustang spins out after hitting the Cadillac and spins into the light pole on the freeway exit was totally unplanned and a real accident.

The 7 Ups, i havent seen for a long time, gotta watch that again.

There is a movie i remember from when i was a kid. maybe someone remembers. probably mid 70's

A kid is tired of getting beat by the head rodder of the town, i remember he takes a big block out of either a challenger or cuda, puts it into his 60"s pickup, they race on the beach in the end.

Also John Wayne in McQ, he drives a 74 Firebird, great chase scenes through Seattle in the mid 70's

OH, there is a pretty good chase scene through London in another John Wayne movie called Brannigan.

RACERBOB,
The end of the Bullit chase was suppossed to have the Charger hit the building in the gas place but it missed by a couple of feet.
They had hooked the Charger to the side of the Mustang and at the right time (where the road curved to the left) they released it. No computers, no cables, no special effects.
The 390 4sp Mustang was about equal to the loaded up 440 auto A/C Charger R/T.

And trust me, ya don't want to follow the chase route and do the jumps on those hills.

...........don't ask how I know this fact. My Plymouth went to Mopar heaven with a couple of head impressions in the headliner.

Yellowdartdave, did you drive the Bullitt route?

I drove the Gone in 60 Seconds route when i lived in LA. in the early 90's That Cadillac dealer or at least the car dealer where he runs into the Cadillac shop was still there.

I go to San Francisco every now and then with my wife, never could find the street where the charger scraped the right side on the barrier.

There are some good ones. Don't think I could pick just one. But then again I like any movie with an old Mopar in it.

Kinda lame I suppose, but as a kid I loved Gumball Rally (1976) and Cannonball Run (1981). Haven't seen them in years so I would probably be dissappointed now.

I just watched Highwaymen for the second time. Awsome 68 Fastback Barracuda S/S (not a real S/S car) in the movie that was also used in and episode of Malcom in the Middle.

Huh? Bullit has to be one of THE greatest car chases of all time! Even though the Charger looses 11 hub caps....

Ditto on Bullit. Lol! 11 hubcaps...........I think you`re right.

I just watched Highwaymen for the second time. Awsome 68 Fastback Barracuda S/S (not a real S/S car) in the movie that was also used in and episode of Malcom in the Middle.

There`s a new member here that said he once owned that car. I don`t remember his screen name now. I wanted to ask him what powertrain was in it though.

-
Back