Favorite car movie?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I was watching Bullit the other night and I have to say that was one bad azz car flick. What`s your favorite car flick, old or new?

Not Mopar but Hollywood nights with PHR's Project X 57 chevy, oh and King of the Mountain with Harry Hamlin in what appears to be a Porsche Speedster C going against a crazed Dennis Hopper in a vette. Cheesey but still cool

68 Charger in Christine. (Not to mention the main character Mopar too).

American Graffitti,Bullit & Hollywood Knights are my top 3. Got to go with Hollywood Knights as my favorite. If you have not seen it please go rent it. Project X with a blower & a young Tony Danza. Has animal house humor with unbelievable cars. Love it.

Oldschoolcuda

Im gonna have to go with Christine here.Hate to know how many times i watched that movie over the years.Fury vs Camaro!

American Graffitti,Bullit & Hollywood Knights are my top 3. Got to go with Hollywood Knights as my favorite. If you have not seen it please go rent it. Project X with a blower & a young Tony Danza. Has animal house humor with unbelievable cars. Love it.

Oldschoolcuda
Michelle Pfeiffer aint too bad either!

George

Charger in Fast and the Furious,Vanishing Point, Phantasm I believe had a Hemi Cuda, American Graffiti; not much for Mopars but a good flick, Dazed and Confused, Dukes of Hazzard, Happy Gilmore drove a Duster, Smokey and the Bandit: not a Mopar but a classic, although weren't some of the cop cars Mopars? A Delorean that's capable of time travel, how can you beat it? I know there's more, I'll have to come back.

All of the above plus "The Gumball Rally". The sound of the Cobra and Ferrari Daytona are just awesome in the high speed NYC shots early in the movie. I also love the two guys laying under the Jaguar - "A handsome design"....."I wish it ran". That movie also had a great toast: "To internal combustion, and wind in the face".

Big Willies daytona in Two Lane Blacktop! Ron Howards fire chicken was pretty good in "Eat My Dust" too. And how about Shirly's RR funny car in Heart Like a Wheel.

Lets go way back
Thunder Road with Robert Mitchum, he was a booze runner had
oil slick dispenser in the trunk, detachable rear bumper, always one step ahead of the cops

The cheesy made for TV movie "Hot Rod". Kinda pissed me off when they wrecked that Belvedere, though. Christine, Bullitt, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Hollywood Knights. The list goes on.

mad max was decent also. Death proof was ok untill they started tearing up the charger and challenger.

Lets go way back
Thunder Road with Robert Mitchum, he was a booze runner had
oil slick dispenser in the trunk, detachable rear bumper, always one step ahead of the cops
Parts of Thunder Road were filmed a few miles from my house. I,d have to go with Christine and The Blues Brothers...Dean

Mine;
American Graffiti
Orignal Gone in 60 Seconds
Hollywood Knights
Hot Rod, the made for TV movie.
Don Garlits movies;
Close Calls and Swamp Rat
Duel, with Dennis Weaver
Tucker; The man and his Dream
Heart Like a Wheel
Just my favorites.

HOT ROD thats it I couldnt remember the name. Whats better than a 40 Willy's with a blown HEMI, root beer, street racing and a cutie in Hot Pants!!! NOTHING in my book!

Vanishing Point original
Bullitt
Gone in 60 Seconds original
Smokey & the Bandits run
Speed Trap (the charger)
Two Lane Blacktop
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Cannonball Run
Aloha Bobby & Rose
in order of best to not best lol. vanishing point is amazing

Gotta go with American Graffiti,You can't stay 17 forever

-