Favorite nitrous system....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yes,turbos,are supposedly king.I like spray. Run,more than a few Nos power shot,kits. The Hammel ,10,000 Rpm kits,are a favorite. When you feel a 2 stage hit(350,combined,) you enjoy it. Any relative experiences?.

have to try a big kit one day, most i've ever run is a 125hp shot into a 4-litre inline six.

What is the theory behind the two stage? Is it to control the launch (traction based) or RPM based?

I haven't used it in years - but I've prefered NOS in the past and I prefer a single stage and progressive controller if you need a big hit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYk8uFsUtD4"]HUGE nitrous explosion - YouTube[/ame]

Only experience I have with Nitrous was not a good one.....knuckleheaded friend had a kit on a 440 4 speed Cuda. Idiot tried to shift with the juice flowing.....the carnage was incredible...

[QUOTE.....the carnage was incredible...[/QUOTE] i bet it was lol

I also choose nitrous over turbos. I dont like all that pluming all over the motor compartment or a power booster running all the time let alone the cost...but a raised plenum single plane with a spider style fogger oooh sexy .

Only experience I have with Nitrous was not a good one.....knuckleheaded friend had a kit on a 440 4 speed Cuda. Idiot tried to shift with the juice flowing.....the carnage was incredible...

They have a switch you can hook up to the clutch pedal that stops the flow while your banging the gears. That and a good rev limit switch on the system will protect the engine.

They have a switch you can hook up to the clutch pedal that stops the flow while your banging the gears. That and a good rev limit switch on the system will protect the engine.
I tried to explain that to him when he was installing it but....you ever here a stock 440 try to turn into the 5 digit rev zone? We left a good size dent in the road from the bottom end....

Funny story - a shop owner from my home town and I were in the same smart scope training years ago... I had a 383 in a Newport with a plate, and he had a 4wd Bronco with a 460 and plate. The first night was raced on the highway home and drained the bottles. next day we were both at the one place that had a proper filling station... We dropped about $250 in nitrous daily over that week...lol. Fun stuff.

Do good plumbing,USE safety solenoids (fuel pressure) ,Retard your timing,and tune PROPERLY ,Relax flip it on and get ready for having a addiction !!!!!!! Ask me how I know--Zex perimiter plate for me and separate fuel regulator just for the nitrous--

i am very interested in a nos system about a 200 shot for my 416 i have a few questions.how long will a 20lb bottle last and is there a diff in a full bottle to a half full bottle.and do you need to purge it before you use it every time thanks

Stupid ? I suppose......There is a "Turbo Bible and Turbo Forums.....is there any such thing for Nitrous? Would really like to try to learn some about it.....

Damn good point,Ink.I was lucky enough,to work for someone fluent in experience,and use.

Do good plumbing,USE safety solenoids (fuel pressure) ,Retard your timing,and tune PROPERLY ,Relax flip it on and get ready for having a addiction !!!!!!! Ask me how I know--Zex perimiter plate for me and separate fuel regulator just for the nitrous--
I do have a seperate fuel pressure reg for nitrous.so you tune it by turning the fuel pressure up or down.

I play with nitrous just a little :-D

Attachments

• motor1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 244
That's some serious hardware,brother. I ,more than like it.Any E.T.'s? Or ,are you clandestine type? Doesn't matter,either way.Still,off the charts!

the best so far on one kit is 7.11 @ 198. going to use both kits this year. it should be 6.80s @ around 210 mph. it's a 598ci predator motor. I was thinking about putting in the dart and have some fun with the 10.5 guys.

-
Back