Favorite toys as a child ?

-
I had these too, but sadly they are long gone. Damn they were fun.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NxQf-aeDWk"]Kenner SSP Racers for 1972 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyoUcofBo9I"]smash up derby by kenner - YouTube[/ame]

Got to be the best invention ever !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 197
Anybody remember "Dunebuggy Wheelies"? My older brother was working in a "Hills" department store(like Walmart today) It was battery operated and had a large ballbearing inside that when you would back it up then hit foward the ball would roll to the rear and foward movement would make the buggy wheelie. Simple toy for my simple mind.Played for hours........

I had the Evel Knievel bike and the car that expolded when it hit something. I also liked the smash up derby set.

Some very cool toys here :cheers: I put what I played with as a child in my first post :coffee2:
I guess I was a child for a short time :toothy1: My all time favorite toy was a John Deer 4020 :cheers:
when I was 9 (finely) The year they put me on a tractor :blob::cheers:
When I showed up just out of Grand Rapids Mi. Mr Brown would get me away from mom and Grandma and get me started cultivating and mowing the apple Orchards 8-) Loved that tractor and time spent alone .
I drove that tractor 6 years every season taking a wagon full of trash from the camps to the trash fill, all the other children would watch me and I felt like a man :cheers: Thank you Vincent Brown, You knew I had it in me and responsibility to be safe, this made my family proud that I had the confidence and skill to do this.... Know that my child hood is in gear, this is my favorite childhood Toy.

Attachments

• Challenger%2520IN%2520NASCAR%2520Cup%2520race%2520017.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 204
So awesome thanks everybody for telling your stories !!!! When I grow up I want to be a kid again !! lol
Cool toys are timeless so is the imagination !!!

My brother and I made choppers out of saw horses we leaned em back nailed some long boards on the front of them nailed a small strip on the back and some some makeshift metal bars on them then we would put our pillows on the back and pretend it was girl riding with us .
Then there was the cars made out of chairs flipped over with old speaker boxxes behind them and an old steering wheel you would hold.

Mine must have been rocks, seems like I spent more time either throwing them at something or batting them out in the bay with a stick.

We had a logging camp up in Sitka, Alaska I took two of my tonka trucks and tore them apart made myself a log truck out of them. Made a yarder out of a penn reel and a piece of 2 x 4. And a spar tree out of a stick.
Used a polaski to make roads on a side hill by camp and went to work logging.
good memories!

another toy that was cool was the "Matell thing maker". You filled up molds with "goop" and put them on this small hot plate, and in a few minutes you had really cool rubber like bugs, spiders, and worms, and stuff. They also made " Gobble'dy goop" and you could eat that stuff...LOL

How about one of these, made a few when we were young.

Attachments

• soap-box-derby-kart.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 189
Mine must have been rocks, seems like I spent more time either throwing them at something or batting them out in the bay with a stick.

We had a logging camp up in Sitka, Alaska I took two of my tonka trucks and tore them apart made myself a log truck out of them. Made a yarder out of a penn reel and a piece of 2 x 4. And a spar tree out of a stick.
Used a polaski to make roads on a side hill by camp and went to work logging.
good memories!
Sounds like some of my joy as a child, but don't let the Farmer see you using young green plums :D they would fly a mile it seemed :D

another toy that was cool was the "Matell thing maker". You filled up molds with "goop" and put them on this small hot plate, and in a few minutes you had really cool rubber like bugs, spiders, and worms, and stuff. They also made " Gobble'dy goop" and you could eat that stuff...LOL
A creepy crawler set :cheers: I did have one of those
I remember popping pop corn in it :cheers:

yeah.....creepy crawlers.....thats the correct name......I could not think of it. thanks Memike! My older sisters had them and they were fun to make!

what great memories this thread has brought me.....Maybe we all should start a new toy company, and market cool toys like they made in the sixties and seventies, and not the junk they sell today. LOL!

Attachments

• 1977_richard_petty_darlington_500_afx_race_set_veneta_21955563.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 216
  • green-machine.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 177
73abodee Nice Green Machine !!!! Was it the spinout 360 ?

What sucked about Bigwheeels is when the wheels wore flat !! Otherwise they were perfect !!

My "wrist rocket"! Crab apples made the best ammo and were readily available. If you got hungry....eat some ammo!

What about the default stand by a RED RIDER BB GUN !!!!
You'll shoot yer eye out !!!

one of my favorite toys was a 12ft rowboat (dingy) my father built we had it geared up like an offshore dragger nets and all and we use it to fish smelts around the wharf.i grew up liveing about 100 ft from one of the busiest wharfs on pei and spent most of my time there and still do

yeah BB guns....I had a crossman that used C-o2 cartridges....that thing was pretty powerful for a BB gun.

I remember the guns with c02 only that sucked is when you ran out !!

what great memories this thread has brought me.....Maybe we all should start a new toy company, and market cool toys like they made in the sixties and seventies, and not the junk they sell today. LOL!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwSfpDqOrG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]old commercials creepy crawlers - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back