Feedback on Hotchkis rear leafs 74 dart

-

California Dart

Dont List Websites Here
Reaction score
Just thought I would let you guys know about the Hotchkis rear lowering leafs I put on my A body 74 Dart.
First of all they packed the wrong U Bolts. They said they would send me the difference though.
These do help handling and ride good but these really lower the rear end a lot more than 1 inches as they state so know that up front. It will lower the rear down to the top of the rear rim. Just so you know, My front end now sits higher in front.

did you use there front spring mount. The one they give you does have the mounting hole for the spring lower than the stock one.

did you use there front spring mount. The one they give you does have the mounting hole for the spring lower than the stock one.

x2. try using your stock spring mount, you'll like it better.....steve, aka autoxcuda, has the hotchkis complete TVS on his car and he uses the stock front spring mount as well...and i too, will be using the stock unit when i install these springs...

I agree.

If you put the factory front spring mount back on it will rais the car about 1". I had to do that with my car. I have really small diameter tires (24.5"), so it got really low. If my tires were 26.5" I personally would have left it on. It really depends on the look you like and available ground clearance.

Attachments

• 3_12_11Sm03.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 116
x2. try using your stock spring mount, you'll like it better.....steve, aka autoxcuda, has the hotchkis complete TVS on his car and he uses the stock front spring mount as well...and i too, will be using the stock unit when i install these springs...
That's what I did and now it's at a better height, thanks guy's.

-
Back