Not open for further replies.

spamalope

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Testing the Waters...

1967 Barracuda Notchback 225/904

I picked up this car not too long ago with the intention of fixing it up in to a nice daily driver to go along with my '65 Barracuda. I live in a condo complex and as I have been putting work into this car the Home owner's association is getting mad, said there's going to start ticketing anyone working on there car. So while I'm trying to fix it up on the down low, what I really need to do is sell if before I get ticketed/evicted. It sucks but it's the truth.

Rust free CA car, has been in the bay area it's entire life. Sun Burst yellow with a white/black interior. Only about 10k miles on a rebuilt bottom end (no receipt), rebuilt carb, and other maintenance items. 13" Chrome slot mags on good tires (have original Steels w/o caps).

The car over all is just a tired original car. Many small dings/dents here and there but nothing that should require any real body work and look like they can be pulled. It would clean up real nice with a paint job, many chips in the faded paint, some very light surface rust, and the passenger side rear quarter/door is primer. Interior is in need of a clean up. The front bench needs to be replaced or recovered as it's sun damaged and cut up. The Carpet is a disaster but I've got a nice black carpet kit coming which, If I can get away with it, I'll install. Back seat is OK with some minor tearing in the seat. Dash is decent and wheels is ok. Headliner sags and has a split in on of the seams. Speedo and gas gauge dont work at this time.

This car real is a great running and driving project. It has an exhaust leak and runs a bit rough, but I should have that fixed soon. It could run a bit better and look a bit better but it's a great rot free start. I'll get some photos soon and if you'd like to check it out you can send me an email and I'll get you some photos.

Car is in Rohnert Park, CA

Asking $3200 obo

Thanks

Here are some photos I went and shot really quick...

mg0291km2.jpg

mg0294jk5.jpg

mg0296ik3.jpg

mg0299mv3.jpg

mg0297vd6.jpg

mg0307bo7.jpg

I Forgot to mention that it's got the original CA Black plates. Bonus!

What engine and trans are in the car and is it running?
Does it have disc brakes?
Does it have a front sway bar?
How is the dash?

Looks like a good, solid project car.
yes, needs lots of work, but could be a great candidate for a sweet street machine.
Man, I've never seen the sun bake aseat quite like that one.
Did the previous owner get in the car with coppertone all over them and get it all over the seat? ha, ha.
You can probably get that price for it since it;s all there and actually runs.
I'll bet it has no sway bar being a 67 with a leaning tower of power.

Yup, 225/904, no sway bar, and manual drums all the way around. Starts right up since I swapped out the beat up old carter with a rebuilt holly 1920, but once it warms up it idles rough, I've got new point for It which I intend to put in. The past owner said he but in a rebuild short block about 8-10k miles ago, and just didn't really drive it as he got sucked into a '56 chevy panel wagon. I also sanded and reprimered the passenger side door which had some surface rust coming through from the very bad job the past owner did, he just sprayed over rust.

Yeah the sun got a hold of that seat big time, it almost looks like it was burned. Dash actually is in decent shape, the cluster can use a good touching up with paint but some how the sun didn't murder it like the seats. The floor pan looks very good, which is easy to see as the carpet is ripped up all over the place.

For sure a great start on a project. New headliner, seat covers, and paint and it's good to go.

Well, good news and bad news...

I got the car running a good deal better, new points, set the timing, etc...

Bad news is that it's still not %100 and a compression test shows that 2 of the cylinders are very low on compression. Now I know the car has a great rebuilt short block, but the head is the original one and that nice strong short block must have worn out the old valve seats.

So, option one is to sell it as is, as a running car, but under the guise that it's best used for a motor swap, HI-PO slant, small block, big block, what ever. With this car I'm sure that that would be the long term plan for most buyers anyways. It will run and drive, but unless you like like 1/4 from work, I'd hardly call it ready for daily driver duty.

Option two is that I might be able to quick swap a cheap running slant and get her running really well on that. Not a lot of work on that, I'd just have to hunt down a quality motor in the area and sweet talk somebody to drop it in for me as I don't have the facility to do so.

3 is I can swap in a 318 or a 360 and sell it running with good power.

Or I can swap the head on the otherwise good motor.

I'll keep ya posted...

I've got a good 31k mile '74 225 w/ matching 31k mile 904 lined up for $100, but I dont have a place to swap it into the car, nor do I have a hoist or truck to go get the motor. If anyone wants to offer me something for it as is they can save a good deal of $ and swap in that cheap slant.

o can how i would love to have that car and my 360 would fit nice in it to bad i have the duster

Update...

All 6 are firing and it's running much better... running damn well actually! I pulled the valve cover to find a very nice, clean, and from the looks of it rebuilt top end. Adjusted the valves and there we have it, all better.

So, Once I get it all sorted out and tie up the loose ends I'd venture to say that she's a good running barracuda that is in need to some prettying.

Bump!

Ok, so the HOA at my condo complex has started giving me warnings...

She's gotta go now...

Shoot me an offer...

I lived in a place once with a bunch of covenants & it sucked! No pickup trucks! No vans except passenger vans! No work vehicles with any type of advertising on the side. [-X They even raised a fuss about a passenger van used to take people to church because it had the name of the church on the side! :protest: No working on cars other than cleaning & routine maintenance. I still managed to swap motors on my VW Beetle in the parking lot. Anybody who's ever owned one knows that qualifies as routine maintenance. :iconbigg: If I had known about all of the restrictions I would never have rented there, but I had just moved halfway across the country & went through a real estate agency. I didn't receive a copy of the restrictions until after I had moved in. I was there one year & then GONE.

If the car is tagged & driveable, what can the HOA really do? Just drive it once in a while & don't work on it. Are you not allowed to have more than one car? Do they say you can't drive a crappy car? :wack: I hope you can find some way to keep it or a buyer who will fix it up because it looks like a solid car. Maybe you could put it in a storage lot for a while? I found a place once with the first 2 months for the price of one. At least it would get them off of your back for a while. Then you could bring it back & make them have to start the process all over again. :butthead:

:burnout:

Well, it does have '06 tags on it at the moment and technically your not aloud to have any "extra" vehicles. Hell, your not even aloud to back into parking spaces because "the exhaust harms the landscaping" which consists of large bushes and a crappy lawn. You'd think that surround a parking lot and running next to a large road would be just as bad. It sucks, and i've been away on business for weeks at a time lately and I've been coming home to warning tickets because it's been parked in one place for too long. It's becoming a mess and I could use the money to sink into my '65 barracuda anyways. It's a great project that could look real good with not a ton of work.

Bump!!!!

Now running on all 6, new carpet installed, and with 2008 tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back