-
Status
Not open for further replies.

UOP

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Since there is no prefix option above, just know that this is a FEELER ad. I looked at the rules but didn't see anything against this type of thread, but I could have missed it. If I did, I appologize in advance.

After the last race of the spring season (6/21, unless rescheduled due to inclimate weather) I am going to be pulling my motor for a fresh combo and will no longer need my Wilcap 360-GM trans adapter. The purpose of this thread is to hopefully get something lined up to help cover the costs of the new combo since it's a rush build for Drag Week 2014. Just being honest here.

This adapter kit allows a small block mopar to be mated with a GM automatic trans (I went with a 2004r). The flexplate is currently balanced for a magnum 360, but could easily be rebalanced for an LA 360 or neutral by sending it to Wilcap. You use a neutral balance gm converter that matches trans. Note: Even though this kit bolted behind a magnum engine, the factory efi will not work and must be used with a carb.

Who may be interested in this kit? Primarily, I imagine this going to a guy who wants to install an overdrive trans in his car but doesn't want to cut up the floor to install a large mopar overdrive. The 2004r conversion has been done a few times by members here and seems to be the best fit without much modification. The only modification required to mate the new trans to the motor is a little grinding on the snout of the starter to clear the bellhousing.

Here is a pic of the kit mocked up behind my motor. All 6 flexplate bolts are used, 3 shown just for mockup.

My 2004r bolted up.

More info from Wilcap website:
[ame]http://wilcap.com/318350.PDF[/ame]
[ame]http://wilcap.com/318-350%20INST%20Web.pdf[/ame]

What you will recieve will be:
Billet aluminum adapter plate
Billet crank spacer
Flexplate, balanced for 360 magnum
All hardware minus converter bolts

Cost new is $705 with external balanced flexplate. Asking $500 obo + shipping.

Earliest projected ship date would be in the first week of July.

Open to questions here and in PM, thanks for looking.

Just to be clear, the above pictures are of my RX7 and not an A body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back