Feeling about suicide

-
This is very far form the truth for some of us. Mental health troubles are permanent. Some of us there is no solution other than learning to cope with it the best you can. Which leads to day in and day out despair. I read in another post about how ones suicide hurts the others in there family. While this is true they will move on. The other side of the coin is the person that commits suicide very well might be living an absolutely horrible existence. And is it fair to this person to be absolutely miserable just to here for other folks to feel good about this lost troubled soul being here. Now who is being selfish? There is not a single person here who has not lost a loved one. And out of all these folks that have experienced a loss there is also not a single one of them that moved on with there life. Just a simple fact of life.

Reality can be an evil thing. And the reality for some folks is that living is extremely painful. And while love, and having people in your life does help ease this pain it often time is no where near enough to make one forget about how absolutely miserable there life is.

Thing a lot folks don't seem to understand is that mentally ill folks do not process things in the same manner as a healthy individual. And this miswired brain changes the way we look at things.....

Very true Ink. Like some others, I too experienced a friend taking his own life. We were young (teens). My emotions covered the gambit from terrible sadness, anger, regret and what if's. Later in life a family member had conteplated suicide (spouse leaving, job problems led to heavy drinking) we were fortunate in that AA & family intervention prevaled. By far one of the hardest, scariest, times in my life.

I'm not thinking the person who took their own life is a terrible person, but I focus on loved ones left with pain. The guy who took his own life is done with the pain.

I have known several suicides...an uncle, a cousin, a close friend, and my favorite teacher. My uncle (mother's brother) was left by his wife. He worshipped her...the day the divorce was final, he gassed himself in his car.

My close friend was a runner training for the Olympics. On his way home from track practice, his Celebrity was T-boned by a drunk in a conversion van. He never walked again and required a near-lethal dose of painkillers just to function. His first words in the hospital were, "Please kill me." (Honestly, the kindest thing the paramedics could have done was to let him bleed out at the scene.)

My favorite teacher was accused of seducing two students...he sucked a shotgun a few months later. They made it all up because he failed them for cheating on a test.

My cousin was accused of molesting his daughter. That morning, he lost his marriage, his daughter, and the career (teacher) he'd been working toward since he was ten years old. That night, he washed down a bottle of sleeping pills with a fifth of Jack Daniels. It never happened: his wife made it up for leverage in a divorce.

Someone I work with just had his mother die of ALS...after seeing that, he says if he is ever diagnosed with it, he plans to eat a shotgun. Sometimes, suicide is a carefully-considered solution to an otherwise-unsolvable problem.

I have known several suicides...an uncle, a cousin, a close friend, and my favorite teacher. My uncle (mother's brother) was left by his wife. He worshipped her...the day the divorce was final, he gassed himself in his car.

My close friend was a runner training for the Olympics. On his way home from track practice, his Celebrity was T-boned by a drunk in a conversion van. He never walked again and required a near-lethal dose of painkillers just to function. His first words in the hospital were, "Please kill me." (Honestly, the kindest thing the paramedics could have done was to let him bleed out at the scene.)

My favorite teacher was accused of seducing two students...he sucked a shotgun a few months later. They made it all up because he failed them for cheating on a test.

My cousin was accused of molesting his daughter. That morning, he lost his marriage, his daughter, and the career (teacher) he'd been working toward since he was ten years old. That night, he washed down a bottle of sleeping pills with a fifth of Jack Daniels. It never happened: his wife made it up for leverage in a divorce.

Someone I work with just had his mother die of ALS...after seeing that, he says if he is ever diagnosed with it, he plans to eat a shotgun. Sometimes, suicide is a carefully-considered solution to an otherwise-unsolvable problem.

How can anyone sleep at night for those accusations ?
Cold Cold People! No wonder some people commit suicide.

I thought about it when my wife pass away 9 months ago,
but I found a way out of that thought.
I have tears right now and must take dog for a walk.

Darryl

...he sucked a shotgun a few months later.

Reminds me my buddy Dave. Did not know much about his past. Did know that he was married to/getting divorced from a psycho ***** form hell. Lots of drugs and booze were involved in there marriage. She came and kicked in his door once in the middle of the night, in January. It was in NJ so it was a bit cold. Neither kid had anything but a diaper on. Anyhow, Dave was a troubled soul. Had a key to his place. Walked in one time and seen him with the shot gun in his mouth, was able to get it away from him. A few weeks later I walked in and there he was again, managed to get it away from him, this time calling the Police. They came, hauled him and the weapon away. Few months later walked in on him again. This time I turned and walked. Was about 70 feet from his front door when I the unmistakeable sound of a 12 gauge going off.
Spoke to his folks about it. His Dad was second in command at the local phone company at this time. Dave did not want for nothing growing up. Lived, to me, what seemed to be a dream of a child hood. But there was something inside of him that just was not right. His Mom had said that Dave had tried to kill himself several times as he was growing up.....and that they were wondering when he was going to go thru with it.

-
Back