Feels Good!

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Well guys, i thought i would share with you all that i finally have my 71 scamp on the road! I cannot describe how cool it feels to get into your own a-body and cruise around. I got the insurance for the car on Friday (have been hustling to get it done as soon as possible which is why i dont spend as much time on here anymore) and saturday morning worked out a few kinks and alignment issues, and then it was off to driving it. Needless to say the looks on peoples faces as i drove around was priceless, but even more so the look on my face....I dont think ive ever been as happy as i was when i first opened up that 340 (i only cracked it to 4k too since im new to stick and kinda chicken lol)

anyways, just thought i would share! Ive had a great time building the car, but you dont know what the a-body bug is until you've driven one! to all the people who dont understand my and everyone elses passion for these cars, they probably never will

Proud a-body owner (and driver:cheers:)
Matthew

Too cool.! I do hope you've done everything you wanted before hitting the asphault.
It aint easy to disable a good driving car for upgrades.
Happy moparing

Hay Matthew, I bet your grin on your face is still there :-D
I do know how it feels to finely get behind the wheel again and enjoy these great A bodies. Victoria has been down for 8 months for some upgrades 8)

Enjoy :cheers: and keep that happy face on for all of us and thank you for sharing.
I will be driving my 66 Valiant to that little 1/8 mile race track I have been going to for over 30 years today.
You have a great safe day and remember to give thanks to our Veterans that made it possible for us to enjoy our hobby

41120010HolleyNEW!! 030.jpg

Drag race day 039.jpg

ebay402%20056.jpg

That's cool. I like the looks too. I guess most people aren't used to seeing them or hearing them. I just got back from the family cabin on a lake in the mountains. What a fun drive through the canyon. Tons of people out cruising and camping.

Well congratulations Matt. Yep,nuttin like going cruisin in your "A". When that grin has finally left your face maybe you could shoot us some pics or even better a little vid.I've seen some pics but now that your done you can really present it right.8)

Hey guys, thought i would post up some pictures of it now on the road! enjoy!

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Very cool and love the color!!!

Have fun and dont forget to terrorize the neighbours...

sweet finish on that car....great color choice as well.

That color looks great on any mopar with stripes.

Mop

Sweet Scamp, no wonder people turn their heads when you go cruising by 8)

That Scamp turned out beautiful! Everthing from the color, mods and detailing look top notch. I really like the way you used the green on the interior.

Grant

I love it! really revs nice! eats gas nice too, but i guess that comes with the territory lol

Love the car! Love the color! What gears do you have in it? My old 340 Swinger used to get close to 20 mpg with 3:23's IF, I could stay out of the throttle!

Enjoy the great looking ride!

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments! like i said before, building it was fun, but now i know why we do it...even though there were times that i was so frustrated i didnt want to look at the car, in the end it was all worth it! wouldnt change a thing!

I just wanted this to be some inspiration for anyone else trying to finish an a-body

as far as the details go, its got 3.91's in it (i want to go 4.30 since i have the 5 speed, as it doesnt rev so good in 5th on the highway, but that will have to come later)...ive worked on my driving skills, and i have to say for an almost stock 340, this thing PULLS! coming outta first that shift light for 6k comes on alot faster than i thought it would! pulls hard through all 4 gears too!

And yes i do have to get some video of it...my brother keeps hounding me that he'll take some video from the seat of my buddys mustang, but i keep forgetting the camera...i will post some here when i get em!

gotta love the mixed reactions though...some people love it! others cant stand the fact that with their windows up, ac cranked, and music on they can still hear my car thumping at the light LOL...so far no chicks are flocking it, but the girlfriend loves it, so im a happy man!

gotta love the mixed reactions though...some people love it! others cant stand the fact that with their windows up, ac cranked, and music on they can still hear my car thumping at the light LOL...so far no chicks are flocking it, but the girlfriend loves it, so im a happy man!

Those are the same ones that think thier saving the planet by driving a prius so who cares about them!

Your girlfriend is one cool lady!

I love your car!

Seriously--THAT CAR LOOKS GREAT!!!!! You did an amazing job. Now I'm even more antsy to get my Scamp done...

-
Back