Fell in love.....

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
... with this motorcycle.

I have kicking around the idea of buying a cruiser so I have been browsing around. Right now I have a crotch rocket (avatar) and enjoy it very much but I would like to begin going out of state on loooonnng rides. Sturgis for example. Looking at Harleys, Suzuki, Kawis, Yamaha, BMW, etc...

I just have not seen anything that made the light cut on if you will. But when I found this bike and reviewed it and so forth it is just right up my alley.

It's a Triumph Rocket III Roadster. It has a 2,297cc powerplant, ABS brakes, and only comes in glossy black or matte black. Saddle bags and hard bags are options as well as a bunch of other do dads. It is a three cylinder bike and just a bad ****!

146bhp @ 5750rpm
163ft.lbs @ 2750rpm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been told that Triumph is one of the most respected manufactures of the Harley crowd.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvjOZV7i3lY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- ‪The New Triumph Rocket III Roadster Motorcycle‬‎[/ame]

http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/2010_RocketIIIRoadster_Specifications_2010RocketIIIRoadster.aspx

I say buy that bad boy, it's only money8). I've been on a toy buying spree lately myself. I just bought a car hauler and another set of wheels and tires. Life short, play hard.

Hell Ya, what a bike!!!!!!!!!! Go and buy it.
I ride a Triumph Speedmaster, love it.

Kenny

The Brits always built quality bikes back in my day ( late 60's ), don't know about now. If you want to make long road trips sit on one then go home and find a way to arrange yourself in as close to the same body position and hold it for an hour ( no cheating ) and see if your back or knees start complaining. Pullback risers can get you in a much more comfortable long term seating position. Best of luck; I know about the back and knees stuff. It's why I had to sell my Heritage .

yeah i been loving a red one for about 3 years but just cant commit. HD runs deep.

Hell Ya, what a bike!!!!!!!!!! Go and buy it.
I ride a Triumph Speedmaster, love it.

Kenny

Yeah I've been calling around some Triumph dealerships here in my area and none of them have the Roadster on the floor. The closest I got to one was on Saturday when I had to drive 32 miles to see it. A fellow ordered one and he was there to pick it up. I got to sit on the bike and talk to guy who is a computer programmer. This was his first bike! He cranked it up and let the clutch out and it immediately shut down. He forgot to put the kickstand up!! Anyways the dealerships in my area said that the 2010 models are scarce and hard to find. There is only 105 of them in the US. The 2011 models will be out late September.

the dealer in fredrick md has them i know its a long ways but you can fly into bwi from charlotte for less than a hundred bucks buy it and ride it back 8 hours nice ride

the dealer in fredrick md has them i know its a long ways but you can fly into bwi from charlotte for less than a hundred bucks buy it and ride it back 8 hours nice ride

I just got off the phone with the Triumph dealer in Fredrick and they are all gone. Now if you know something I don't I'm willing to listen... lol

I got a dealer in GA looking for me a Rocket and he can't find any either. One is in Illinois but has a deposit on it. I believe I will have to wait until September for the 2011 models I guess.

wow / i have been out of the states for 2 months / before i left they had a couple i was looking at the thruxton which i really like they are a small dealership so i thought they would still have one sorry

Yeah and it's hard to quit! lol

It sure is :angry7: allot my friends have bike's and I do get a ride in now and then :happy10:
I would like to have the Triumph that Bronson drove in the old show THEN CAME BRONSON it was a long time ago but sure would be a hell of a sweet bike to own, some kind of sport model back in the day.
I hope a deal comes your way soon :happy10: I have never owned a Triumph but always new they was on top of the bike chain 8)

Memike I was checking Wikipedia and he actually drove a Harley.

"Bronson's motorcycle, a 1969 XLH 900cc Harley-Davidson Sportster, figures in many episodes. In one episode he enters several motorcycle races; in another, he makes an emergency run to fetch a doctor. But in some stories the motorcycle serves merely as transportation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Then_Came_Bronson#The_motorcycle

I have nothing against Harleys but they are loud and slow.... lol

A little update on the Triumph I'm trying to buy is my dealer is going to meet with the Triumph rep on Monday. *fingers crossed*

UPDATE:

I rode from Anderson SC to Kennesaw GA last weekend to catch the Triumph Demo bike tour. I talked to the salesman at the motorcycle dealership as well as the Triumph head man there with the demos at the same time. His name is Bill , he was very informative, and super nice guy. He is the rep in the southeast area for Triumph. I told them both that I was there to get a Roadster come hell or high water. Now I will have to wait until October before the Roadster arrives. The Phantom Black models will come in first in Sept then in Oct the Matte Black models will come. This is what Bill told me anyways so I assume his word is legit. I looked at both colors today and I must say that I like the Matte better. I just about jumped on the Phantom Black but Bill said I really need to get the color that I like because I will be the one that owns it. LOL I placed $1000 deposit on the bike and signed some paper work. It won't be to much longer guys that I can say that I officially own a Triumph.

Here is some pictures I took while I was there.

As a (Ex) Harley rider (If theres really such a thing) and in general, have allways had a thing for bikes, that manufacture has allways had respect.

That looks like some bike.

Congratulations thats is one *** kicking ride, when you get it we will need some pictures of you on it.

Kenny

...I have been told that Triumph is one of the most respected manufactures of the Harley crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvjOZV7i3lY&feature=player_embedded

This was true for the original (Meriden) Trumpets. I know lots of people from both camps. I'm not certain if this holds true for the John Bloor (Hinkley) models.

FWIW, I'm in the market for a T120, myself. '60's Bonnies are kind of like '60's Mustangs. There seems to be an endless supply, and prices are reasonable for well respected classics. Yet very few other makes will get as much attention on the road.

Good luck!

I got goosebumps just watching that video!! Doing the him haw between more wheels and another bike. Lori said get a bike!!! More room in the garage God I dont know what to do now!! Congrats on yer bike that is sweet and nasty all rolled up in 2 wheels!!

Congratulations thats is one *** kicking ride, when you get it we will need some pictures of you on it.

Kenny

Yeah I will post some pictures.

This was true for the original (Meriden) Trumpets. I know lots of people from both camps. I'm not certain if this holds true for the John Bloor (Hinkley) models.

I'm a member of the Triumph forum and been doing some heavy reading over there. Trying to catch up on what's going on. There is a lot of stories of ex Harley riders going to Triumph that I have noticed. Some come from other bike manufactures but I was surprised at how many Harley riders converted over. I for one really didn't want a Harley because a Harley just doesn't have the git up and go like I enjoy and most are to loud and very heavy. From my research I don't see one cruiser type Harley that can even hold a candle to the Roadster.

Not trying to put Harley down or being a butt..... just stating the facts.

I got goosebumps just watching that video!! Doing the him haw between more wheels and another bike. Lori said get a bike!!! More room in the garage God I dont know what to do now!! Congrats on yer bike that is sweet and nasty all rolled up in 2 wheels!!

BIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! This is the last toy I will buy for a looonnggg time! .................I think.

I pray that falling in love with it is the only fall you experience. Have fun but be careful my friend.

What's this got to do with a bodies?

Besides making you appreciate having a trunk (or roof in incliment weather) not too much. But that is why the forum has an off-topic section like this 8).

I have no doubt the new Triumphs are well respected. I just don't have too much exposure to that crowd. I re-read my post, and want to clear that I know lots of HD people (old and new), and some vintage (pre '81) Triumph people. I can honestly get into any old bike. With my comfort level, I can ride "fast" enough on anything to get the adrenaline pumping. My favorite bike right now is the Honda CB350, and I'm prepping one in Cafe racer form. My screenname is in reference to the 1965-1967 Honda CB450 "Black Bomber," BTW. I once had a '65.

-
Back