Felpro blue head gaskets and sealer ?

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
Anyone using sealer on there felpro 8553PT head gaskets ? In the past I use to use permatex Hi Tac on all head gasket , just a thing I did.

But I was thinking of using permatex copper coat on my 8553PT . Let me know if that would/has cause any problems .

Last 2 I did I used the permatex copper coat spray

Been 20k miles on the first set no problems...

While there is nothing wrong with using sealants on a composition type gasket, it is not necessary.

never used sealant on fel-pro blues, it really depends on the deck surface finish. if you told you engine machinist you were using a certain type gskt, he should have put the proper deck finish on the heads and block.

The blue Felpro gaskets are their "PermaTorque" line and sealant is not recommended , it affects the torque setting somehow. we a set on dry last summer as a stop gap because the 1008s weren't available in Podunk Saskatchewan and I haven't bothered changing them out , why fix what ain't broke eh !

No sealant, get rid of the thin head gaskets, that's the problem, you ain't the first, and you won't be the last. Use the 1008.

I got the thin head gaskets on a couple of engines and never had a problem with them....but I clean the hell out of the surfaces...

No sealant, get rid of the thin head gaskets, that's the problem, you ain't the first, and you won't be the last. Use the 1008.

On a existing short block,dead on. I was taught, head clearances, .001.5" variance,on a head. (iron head,at the time). The 1121 Mr .Gasket's work,if you check the deck height for warpage..

-
Back