Fender indicator light locations

-

Michael Hurst

Reaction score
Hello all,

in the before Covid19 days I obtained a pair of top of fender mounted turn signal indicators with the plan to add them to my 70 Valiant. And before I removed them I took measurements with a ruler and my phone.

Well of course the day has come to find said pictures, and of course I cant find them.

If anyone has, or would be willing to upload a photo with measurements from the Hood and from the front edge of the fender to the light then I'll have a better chance of placing the holes in the proper location.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Those look like the 73+ style. How do those attach? If they use a phillips head screw visible on the top, they are the later style. Hole size is different.

Yes, the holes are a little different than the later 73+ ones. I cant remember exact;y the difference but I think the hole diameter that the wire passes through is different and they mount differently.
I have some 71 dart fenders I could measure, not sure if its the same or close enough to the valiant.

The 73+ takes a really large hole for the rubber socket. Then the other hole is really small for the phillips screw. I went through this with my 73 Challenger. I gave the bodyshop a 72 fender which they used to drill the holes in the new fenders. After the car was painted I realized the mistake. We had to enlarge the hole significantly(after paint) and I had to use a phillips head machine screw with a nut on the bottom for attachment.

Yes, the holes are a little different than the later 73+ ones. I cant remember exact;y the difference but I think the hole diameter that the wire passes through is different and they mount differently.
I have some 71 dart fenders I could measure, not sure if its the same or close enough to the valiant.

Mike, 71 is close enough for what i'm trying to do. I already have the lights so creating the hole to match wont be a problem. Just looking for something more accurate than a guess on the placement on the fender.

Thanks

I will try to get you something but it will probably have to wait till the weekend. Its 95° with 85% humidity and my fenders are stored in the upstairs of my garage. Brutal weather lately.

Did you still need this or do you have what you need with the above pics?

-
Back