Fender Mounted Turn Signals

-

RT Dude

Reaction score
I have a 68 Dart GT that is fitted with Fender Mounted Turn Signals.
All of the system works fine including the flasher unit, but the instrument panel indicator lights (left and right arrows on the instrument panel) dont work.
I pulled the dash and found that the plastic light fittings arent in the panel on the pcb. They are taped over from the factory, so they were never fitted.
Has anyone else got a Dart with the Fender mounted Turn Signals, and do the turn signals on the dash work or is this normal? :dontknow: :help:

Strange.........Only cars I've owned were my present 67 --the fender ones don't work but the panel ones do, and my old 70 sixp pack RR, on those the "fender" (hood) indictors were fairly large lamps on the back trim of the hood scoop It had panel indicators as well.

Ive only seen this on b bodys but im sure a bodys were the same. When you got fender mounted signals there was no indicators in the cluster.

This was discussed on Moparts a year or so ago. The car being discussed was a 67 C-body I think. The dash lights were disabled when the light package was ordered.

My 68 Dart GT also has the fender lights. I am missing some of the bulb holders and just assumed they broke. It didn't occur to me until just now that they might have never been there.

What would happen if lights were installed in the dash? Would there be too much load on the flasher? Would the lights flash extremely fast?

My 73 duster has the fender signals and the dash signals. The circuit must have changed between those years.

My 73 Challenger has both. This is a 60's thing I think.

What would happen if lights were installed in the dash? Would there be too much load on the flasher? Would the lights flash extremely fast?

They should work fine. Even if they didn't (they draw very little extra load) you can buy a "heavy duty" flasher. Back in the day, this used to be a "552"

My '70 RR had the usual front lamps, TWO rear lamps per side, both dash indicators and hood mounts, and I sometimes pulled a trailer, adding 1 more lamp per side.

I have a 68 Dart GT that is fitted with Fender Mounted Turn Signals.
All of the system works fine including the flasher unit, but the instrument panel indicator lights (left and right arrows on the instrument panel) dont work.
I pulled the dash and found that the plastic light fittings arent in the panel on the pcb. They are taped over from the factory, so they were never fitted.
Has anyone else got a Dart with the Fender mounted Turn Signals, and do the turn signals on the dash work or is this normal? :dontknow: :help:[/QU

My 68 Dart and 68 Barracuda has both hood and dash working. But the cars are 40 years old, they could have been updated by some previous owner.

My 67 also has fender and dash indicators...and they all work.

My 67 Dart only the fender indicators work. Maybe I will check and put the dash indicator bulbs in also, because I have a hard time seeing the passenger side fender indicator when it lights and I don't want to be that guy that drives for miles with my right turn signal on.

My 68 has both. They were kind of slow to flash at low rpm but after upgrading the dash to LED and doing the Mad update they work like any modern car.

Thanks for the input guys.
My 68 Dart is a 1 owner survivor car, and before I pulled the dash I thought the bulbs had blown.
Turns out they were never fitted.
The problem is that they might make me fit them to the car for the certification check.
The plastic fittings aren't available here in NZ, so I am going to have to find some in the US if they are required here.

You can get them off of eBay. They are the 5/8 ones...not the 1/2.

-
Back