Fender Tag Decode please

-

belmateo

Reaction score
Can someone decode this fender tag for me. I just bought a 65 Barracuda with a slant six and floor shift automatic. When I looked at the dash I could see the holes from the factory for A/C lines. Did all early A bodies have these holes? The ones I owned before didn't to the best of my knowledge. Here is the tag info.
AB with 20 below it
C with a 2 above it
D with a 5 below it
E with a 9 above and a 5 below
Q with a 1 below
V with a 3 below
Z with a 2 below

NUMBER BODY TRIM PAINT
111 00053 V89 P4Y BB1 A

thanks much! but I don't think I have a formula S unless I made a mistake decoding it and I still can't explain the A/C holes.

There are not numbers above, only below...

AB 20 = 225 /6
C with 2 above = 1 with 2 below = Left Remote o/s Mirror
D5 = Automatic
E with 9 above = 3 with 9 below = Variable Wiper/Washer
E5 = Heater w/Defroster
Q1 = AM Music master/economy
V3 = Back-Up Lights
Z2 = Front bucket seats and console

V89 = Plymouth Barracuda

P4Y = premium front bucket seat, vinyl bucket seats, White Seats + headlining + Gold

BB1 = Blue Paint

I think...

thanks, most of that fits except for the seat color and car color. I will take a picture of the fender tag to show the numbers above...

belmateo!
If your car came with A/C there should be a 1 under E. If not there could have been a dealer installed A/C unit.

If you have P4Y on your tag it is very very unusual. What I have seen there was just for 65 Dart and Coronet!!

well, as you know Chrysler did some unusual and inconsistent things back then, I will take a picture of the tag today because it is not making sense compared to what I see on the car. What does P4y indicate anyway?

P4Y stands for;
P = Premium front bucket seats
4 = vinyl bucket seats
Y= white seats + white headliner + gold carpet (Dart) all others gold.

thanks 65 dartcharger, what you just told me fits! I have the premium bucket seats, they are vinyl and they are Gold.

yes, sounds about right, I looked at the firewall where they drilled the holes for the A/C that was in there and it is obvious to me that is was dealer installed and removed before I got the car. All other Mopars I have seen have the A/C lines very even, mine are not. I have attached the fender tag to see if I was reading it correctly.

Picture 001.jpg

-
Back