fender tag Decoding Values

-

Dartman61

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to decode my fender tag on my 1967 Dart. The service manual had the values and a chart to allow me to decode my vin but now I'd like to decode the fender tag. Can anyone steer me to where I can find a chart with values to allow me to decode? I've seen a number of threads where they are discussing what the values are but they don't identify where they are getting the information. Thanks in advance

Picture 001.jpg

Here is what I get.

It's a GT

273 2BBL

AUTOMATIC

Rear is most likely 7.25.

AC

Bucket seats with console

BTW you can get an IBM card from Stellantis Historical.

Chrysler Historical new contact info.

Has the same info on it as the fender tag BUT ....

it will tie the VIN to the SEQ numbers stamped into the body.

Screenshot_20240626-103755.png

Last edited:
That Charger site is the best online 66/67 tag decoder I'm aware of.

...but is incomplete as it only lists codes for options available on Chargers.

Still the best currently available besides sifting through individual option codes from scanned books at hamtramckhistorical.

Here is what I get.

It's a GT

273 2BBL

AUTOMATIC

Rear is most likely 7.25.

AC

Bucket seats with console

BTW you can get an IBM card from Stellantis Historical.

Chrysler Historical new contact info.

Has the same info on it as the fender tag BUT ....

it will tie the VIN to the SEQ numbers stamped into the body.

View attachment 1716267894
That didn't do the Y-2
Also the last 284 (tire code) I saw had a Z-2 that I was speculating was 642 Delete Spare Tire

Alan

Cuda_Al has more expertise on the 67 than most.
compare with examples here

Wow! Such quick and helpful replies! Thanks Much to Dana67Dart for decoding and providing references. I'm thinking of restoring the car sans the drive train. I was curious to see if it was factory air. When I got the car 20 years ago it had an old and very tired 50's Hemi with AC. Since I've updated the drive train now 440, 4spd with 8 3/4 rear end with the MOPAR stock AC unit. I was thinking of deleting AC but since the tag calls for it may not. Thanks much to all who responded - very helpful!

Y2 white convertible top
The 284 means tires number 28, 4 of them.
Tire 28 is 6.95-14 blue streak nylon special

X2 tinted windshield only

h7 Fender turn signals
j4 Body sill mounding narrow

Speaking of tag decoding...

What has happened to the mymopar.com tag decoder?

It used to be the best one online.

They "updated" their sate about 5-ish years ago and now it's not nearly as useful.

I recall from another fender tag post that Y2 or Z2 is an unknown code.
The Y2 is a known code, just that decoder skipped it.
the Z2 is the unknown, my speculation was the spare delete, here we have another 4 tire (no spare) car but without the Z2 so who knows.

Alan

Wow! Such quick and helpful replies! Thanks Much to Dana67Dart for decoding and providing references. I'm thinking of restoring the car sans the drive train. I was curious to see if it was factory air. When I got the car 20 years ago it had an old and very tired 50's Hemi with AC. Since I've updated the drive train now 440, 4spd with 8 3/4 rear end with the MOPAR stock AC unit. I was thinking of deleting AC but since the tag calls for it may not. Thanks much to all who responded - very helpful!
Back in the 80's most car guys didn't want a musclecar with AC. Now that the boomers are older AC is much wanted and being added on to many 60's & 70's cars.

-
Back