Fender tag decoding

-

70orangeswinger

Reaction score
I am interested in a 69 Barracuda and the fender tag reads "AO1" and "A15". When I decode these it tells me that AO1 means "Roof type or color: Light Package", and A15 means "Plymouth Spring special w/ vinyl roof". Does anyone know what to make of this? I never heard of either of these codes. Thanks all for the info.:confused:

A01 is the light package for ash tray, glove compartment, ignition light with time delay, hood-mounted turn signal indicators, trunk and headlights on warning signal. A15 is 69 only and means with vinyl roof. Is this a notch or fastback ?

Is the trim still with the car ?

A15 in 1969 is the "Spring Special Package" WITHOUT vinyl roof, or same as the A14 package less the V1- vinyl roof!! The A14 "Spring Special Package" includes..

The A01 light package, power brakes,color keyed floor mats, sure grip, Auto trans on "C" model, vinyl trim, cigar lighter, electric clock, 3 speed wipers, dual horns, cornering lights, B-pillar mouldings, door upper frame and qtr. mouldings, drip rail mouldings, body belt mouldings, body side mouldings, wheelhouse opening skirt, bumper guards front and rear, power door locks, AM radio, power steering, steering wheel with partial or full horn ring, raised white letter, white or red side walls (t-- or U--), vinyl roof (except with A15), performance hood treatment, tape stripe (V6-) wheel covers (class I, II, III), or road wheels. Some restrictions apply!!

Your car should have all the items listed for the A14 package EXCEPT vinyl roof!! Hope this helps, Geof

After looking at that link I know why it was so Rare! Thats some messed up stuff there!

Why?

You can see the trim on the roof

Attachments

• 1vytopcuda.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 11vytopcuda.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 289
A01 & A15 can also be scheduled production dates. Where are they located on the tag?

A15 in 1969 is the "Spring Special Package" WITHOUT vinyl roof, or same as the A14 package less the V1- vinyl roof!! The A14 "Spring Special Package" includes..

The A01 light package, power brakes,color keyed floor mats, sure grip, Auto trans on "C" model, vinyl trim, cigar lighter, electric clock, 3 speed wipers, dual horns, cornering lights, B-pillar mouldings, door upper frame and qtr. mouldings, drip rail mouldings, body belt mouldings, body side mouldings, wheelhouse opening skirt, bumper guards front and rear, power door locks, AM radio, power steering, steering wheel with partial or full horn ring, raised white letter, white or red side walls (t-- or U--), vinyl roof (except with A15), performance hood treatment, tape stripe (V6-) wheel covers (class I, II, III), or road wheels. Some restrictions apply!!

Your car should have all the items listed for the A14 package EXCEPT vinyl roof!! Hope this helps, Geof
My code listings for '70 show the same thing....A15 is the spring package WITHOUT vinyl top. I have a '69 Barracuda without the spring package but it does have the vinyl top and it just has the V1X black vinyl top code.

My code listings for '70 show the same thing....A15 is the spring package WITHOUT vinyl top. I have a '69 Barracuda without the spring package but it does have the vinyl top and it just has the V1X black vinyl top code.

I bought a 1969 Barracuda nearly two years ago in California and also have this A15 code on my trim tag. In trying to research this, I was led to this thread, and I am grateful to cudamark and cosgig for the information you have provided on this option package. I am interested in restoring this rust-free Barracuda back to its original glory, and would like to ask some questions to help me understand more about this option package. I appreciate any help, and thank you for your patience since this is my first Mopar (Ford family turned Chevy guy..... ;) ).

My VIN: BH23F98301557

Trim tag codes: E44, D31, B3, H4B, B5, 222, 215194, A01, A04, A15, G11, G33, J25, L31, M21, R11, V6X, END

1) What is a "C" model? My car is a 2-door sedan from the looks of it. My car has a 318 and auto with column shift.

2) My car has the A01 light package, and I suppose all the power goodies and lights are present on my Barracuda. However, where would the cornering lights be found for this option package?

3) My car has lots of stainless trim and moldings but I'm not sure all of them are there for the A15 package; some of my trim was in the trunk when I bought it. I'd like to know if I'm missing something. What is a wheelhouse opening skirt? Is it stainless trim around the wheel well lip (my car has these), or a skirt covering the whole rear wheel area? Where would the body side moldings be? Are they rub strips along the side of the car where it might be bumped by other car doors, or stainless trim along the lower rocker panel area? My car has neither, but since it was repainted once, any rub strips might have been removed.

4) What is this performance hood treatment that is mentioned? My car's hood looks flat and normal, without any holes or ducting. Since it was repainted, no stripes are evident. Is this feature a stripe?

5) What does the tape stripe (V6X) look like? I've seen many different stripes on these cars but have no idea what mine should look like. My Barracuda has the V6X code in the trim tag, which lists as a black longitudinal sport stripe. Should this be along the bottom of the car, or a fat one just below the windows?

6) My car has the L31 hood mount turn signals, and they are present on the car. Is this also part of the A15 Spring Special package?

7) Was Sure-Grip installed on every A15 car? What would the gear ratio be for my car? What kind of axle should I have? Once again, I am completely unfamiliar with Chrysler cars....trying to learn now! ;)

8) My car has G11 tinted glass. Is that also part of the Spring Special package?

9) My car has H4B high trim. What does "high" mean?

10) Are there any reliable records as to how many Spring Special cars were manufactured? How long were they produced? My car was built on Feb. 22. I understand that this package was also available for the Fury. What other cars had this package? How rare are they today? Does this option package carry any particular collector interest/value/premium, and if so, what would that be?

I'm excited about this Barracuda and especially the prospect of having a rare one. :) I don't know if rare translates into valuable, but just the same, I love cars and this being my first Mopar, I am excited to own it. Thank you for all your help in getting it back into tip-top shape.

-Mike

I have a 72 340 duster 4 speed car,wanted to know how to decode fender tag or a website to do so.

Type in all your tag info here and one of us should be able to tell you what each code means.

-
Back