Fender Tag Questions

-

maldridgeks

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to decode my 66 dart gt fender tag, and not having great success online. I've seen others post pictures of their tag on here, and mine is below. I'm curious though where members are able to get the information to decode? Happy as well if someone can help decode mine.

Second question - anyone tried to slow the rust deterioration of their fender tag with chemicals (por15, etc)? As you can see, mine could use some help.

Thank you.

Fender Tag.jpg

I took mine off, stripped off paint with paint remover, soaked in rust remover, epoxied to thin aluminum, filled in rust holes, painted.

I sand blasted mine at very low pressure then clear coated. Will get body color when finally painted.

Hello everyone,

I would like to decode my 66 dart gt fender tag, and not having great success online. I've seen others post pictures of their tag on here, and mine is below. I'm curious though where members are able to get the information to decode? Happy as well if someone can help decode mine.

Second question - anyone tried to slow the rust deterioration of their fender tag with chemicals (por15, etc)? As you can see, mine could use some help.

Thank you.

View attachment 1716139851
Built Jan 28th 1966, Dart GT 2drht, tan vinyl interior, One tone black exterior paint, gold upper door frame paint, 273 4bbl engine, automatic transmission, disc brakes, A/C, and bucket seats.

Built Jan 28th 1966, Dart GT 2drht, tan vinyl interior, One tone black exterior paint, gold upper door frame paint, 273 4bbl engine, automatic transmission, disc brakes, A/C, and bucket seats.
Thank you very much. Confirms the specs.

-
Back