Fender Turn Signal Indicators Question?

-

Hartman-52

Hartman-52
Reaction score
:help: I have a 1970 Dart Swinger 340 that I am restoring with a factory light package (A01 option code) that does not include the top fender mounted chrome turn singal indicators. I have a 1970 Dart Swinger 340 facts manual that says these indicator fender lights were not included in the light package on 340 cars but are included on non 340 Darts with that option package. Does anyone have a 1970 340 Dart Swinger with these fender turn signal indicators factory installed? I have seen a few 340 Dart pics that have them (see below) and I would like to put them on mine since I have a set and like the look but I would like to know if they were factory available or not. Any insight or preference opinions welcome.....

Fender Light1.jpg

Fender Light2.jpg

If you look closley at the top picture, on the front rocker panel there are some Dart GT emblems. Maybe this is a 340 clone? It also looks like a 1971 Dart. My 1970 Dart 340 does not have them either. Anyway I would put them on, they look sharp!

Same question, regarding 69 Dart Swinger with A01 group. I've had the car for 25 years and it had been painted twice. I don't have the indicators on the car, but who knows if they were removed...

I have a 69 Swinger 340 wih the light group. it does have the factory chrome turn signal indicators.

I would have to say that it is more likely that someone at the factory got lazy and didn't put the lights on the fender when the package was ordered. I find it very difficult to believe as far as a manufacturing stand point that if you ordered the light package and the car was coming down the line that the person that was supposed to install them would look to see what engine the car has and then would either or either not install them.

Chuck

Year One has the total package required...a bit over 300-ducats.

-
Back