Fenders for 72 duster

-

va58

Restoration Jedi
Reaction score
Need some help guys, restored a few B and E cars in my day, but ran across a decent 72 340 car. TX9 with white interior, matching numbers 4 sd car. Car was complete. I owned a 1970 duster in high school many years ago, but i have never done a full restro on an A body. The question is, It has a 70 clip on the front. Which fenders and hoods would be correct besides the 72 of course. decklids also. info on doors would also be helpful if cleaner ones were found.

Post pictures if you can! The hood is the same, the decklid should have a spine down the center, the doors are the same as 70 and should have metal across the top. The fenders are the same except for the turn signals, I may be wrong, they may have gone to the bulged out side marker lenses in 73 although they are on the quarter panels.

Will try to get some pics of the car on here as soon as possible. Thanks for the info, what other year duster will interchange correctly with my 72. Will 73, 74 75 0r 76 fenders, doors and trunk lids, hood work? Of course I am aware of the side marker change in 72, so i know the early bodies won't work. what about those same year dart sports. Had someone tell me they are the same, but appear to me to be a different shape.

Unfortunatley 1972 duster fenders are a 1 year only as far interchange. 1973 and up will physically bolt on but the front is totally difffrent as far as grille, hood latch support, hood, bumper all would need to change, 70-71 will work but the marker light is the big diffrence. 72' shares the ugly marker light that 73' and up share. Doors are diffrent as far as 73' and up have a plastic upper cover and 72' and down are metal, deck lid I believe are the same with possibally the exception of the underneath wing support cut outs on 72's, hood, no way not without changing the entire front end as previously mentioned. Hope this helps

This helps very much, thanks for taking the time. Know alot about mopars having restored many cars all b ande bodies. This 72 is worthdoing a ground up because of the color combo, matching numbers and 4 speed. Thanks again for your help

Too bad its such a PITA to ship things out of Hawaii. I got an extra set of 72 fenders that I've been trying to get rid of since my car is being shipped to Cali on Friday.

U can check out the the car. bran find 1972 duster. I will be needing a few iten for the car, Clean fenders for sure.....

-
Back