-
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBachert

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Just bought my 65 cuda back from guy I sold it to in 1972. Fenderwell Hookers I put on then are shot and am having difficulty finding R&R pair.

Any leads for new from people who've installed them? Car is still at buddy's in MI but I am in SoCal. Location really not an issue.

I have a set of coated hooker semi fender well headers (part 5208)that i`ll sell if you are interested. Brad

I believe Hooker and Headman are the only two companies making fenderwell headers anymore.

The Hookers are 1 5/8” tubing and have two tubes go through the fenderwell and two go through the frame and are easier to install.

The Headmans are 1 7/8” tubing and all tubes go through the fender well but you have to cut away a portion of the shock brackets/federwell suports towards the top and you will have to weld on collectors because they are considered race car headers and don’t come with any.

I used the Headmans because the Hookers were not big enough for the 671 on a 416 and I think they look nicer but they are a lot more work. I used a pair of 3” collectors from Flow Master; they look like Catalytic converter collectors but larger and don’t use a gasket and don’t leak.

If you’re not running big horsepower, I’d go with the Hookers, but whatever brand you choose, have them Jet Hot coated. I had mine done and there is hardly any of the heat you normally get from fenderwell headers, I can get within a ½” of the headers when they are hot and you don’t burn your self or anything around them and I have one tube that is about an 1” from the master cyl. with the plastic reservoir and no heat issues.

Photo1318.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back