fenderwell headers

-

MoparsB4me

Reaction score
Does anybody run a fenderwell header in a "B" block (383/400) Duster??

I can't get TTI headers for my Duster, because they don't make a 2" tube for the stock head/ 383 or 400 block application and I am considering going to fenderwell style.

Any thoughts, ideas, advantages/disadvantages, suggestions...pix would be nice!!

Anybody know a manufacturer that makes a 2" tube headers that will work for a "B" block Duster??

Years ago I put Hooker Super Comp's on my 72 Demon w/400 B block and loved them!! Just my opinion though. I've heard some of people don't like them, but I encountered no porblems with mine. I believe they were 2 1/2" diameter primaries into 3 5/8" secondary. Motor was 10:1 compression, MP performance cam, 3200 stall & 4.10 gears. Sorry about the fuzzy pic, as they are pics of old photos......

Demon project '84 001.jpg

Demon project '84 002.jpg

Demon project '84 003.jpg

Demon project '84 004.jpg

Fenderwells...... look at how much structural metal is cut out of the car and you have to run skinny tires up front and they will usually rub.

The structural issue can be circumvented by a cage but skinny tires are for drag strips only and still scary.

it is a drag strip car with 12 pt cage!! Skinnies will be run!!

I am planning to resupport shock tower to cage into engine bay and cutting out a lot of metal. Eventually, complete fiberglass front end!!

The guy that assembled my motor told me that I needed at least a 2" tube - figured he knew what he is talking about since he has been drag racing and building motors (Mopars) for a long time!!

Thanks for the responses!!

Not a B block,but still have the fenderwells(1 7/8 tubes)on my sb in my Early-A.I had the same issue with having work done to my heads(opened up)the small 1 5/8 tubes would,ve restricted HP.So I had to make the cut,these are Hedman Huslers coated.Lots of work fitting,but well worth it.8)

Car is 66 Dart with a 410 smallblock.
car pics 66 Dart 196.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 196.jpg

Get the Hookers, youll gain lots of tranny,starter,oil pan and steering linkage clearance, no structural loss from the cut outs in the fenderwells, Downside is the loss of full steering but with some work it can be solved. And easy to remove the headers if need be.

Go with Pro Parts from Mazzolini. Great flow and only one tube on the passenger side go through the inner fender and two on the drivers side. Go to Bigblockdart.com, they have pictures of all headers in the tech section.

-
Back