few updates on our cherokee...

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
so a couple of updates on my cherokee..

here is the thread on the lift installation.. sits just as i wanted it to.. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=316478

just before winter i did the cooling system.. new water pump, thermostat and housing, belt, hoses and radiator and fan clutch. man its nice being able to buy parts and not go broke..lol it never ran hot or anything but the reputation of these things made me want to freshen up the system before winter. it does run a little cooler which is nice. knowing when everything was replaced is nice piece of mind for me..

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

i knew it had a bad axle u-joint and figured i'd may as well replace the joints on both axles and while taking it apart that far i may as well do the hub bearings too.. spicer joints and timkin bearings...

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

yea that still had plenty of miles left..lol

DSC_0347.jpg

after a few nice weeks of OT at work i picked up a winch bumper for it..

now i have to save for a winch..:)

i went with the JCR vanguard bumper without the tubes around the grill and all. i think its cleaner looking without all that tubing.. think i'm gonna paint it body color.. can't wait to see it on there..

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg
]

frame tie in brackets and steering box plate..

brackets.jpg

picked a roof rack that came with a high lift jack too.. i want to make new mounts for the jack before i put that on. rack is huge.. should hold anything i need...

9FED4E0A-CF79-4E2F-BF23-A2D19CE7FB79.jpg

09AEC818-39DA-4841-AED7-D2845B5CC00A.jpg

in the future (after bumper and winch is installed)i want to do the diffs... they say a 4:10 will put the gearing back to about stock with my tire size but i'm thinking of going 4:56. just have to make sure that isn't too much gear for it.. then i have to figure out what selectable lockers i want for it..

had it out with family a couple of times.. got a beach permit too so that should be fun this summer..

IMG_9522.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

IMG_9527.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9529.jpg

Cool beans. The old tractor is an International / McCormick of some kind Some of these had full side hood covers, so difficult to find a photo showing the engine

Attachments

• IHc.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 216
The Jeep is looking great...

Nice pictures, nice scenery...

God damn Joe. You're little girl is getting old! Looks like a fun time for sure. I like that two door Cherokee a lot.

Very nice!Looks like a cool place and a good way to spend the day.Nice Jeeps too!

Very cool! Just make sure it's not available to be stolen. Not sure around your parts but here in mountain territory, built Jeeps disappear quite a bit.

A co worker had a built Cherokee much like the white one in your pics. His was white too, lol. Had ARB locking front and rear diffs, ARB bumper with 9000lb winch, rock rails, a custom built rear bumper(built himself), roof rack, BFG's, and a freshly built 4.0L. Got stolen nearly 5yrs ago right after the engine install.

Funny story though. Just several months ago he was behind a Cherokee driving down the road and low and behold....his custom bumper was on it!! He followed the guy to his location and confronted him on where he bought the bumper. He actually had his rock rails too!! Turns out he bought them off the guy that stole the Jeep. Last I heard the police nabbed him and he had several other stolen Jeeps as well. Friggin crooks!!

got the bumper back from paint the other day. now i just need some nice weather to install the damn thing...

80-12829253_10153596235204862_5601532688153019962_o_aabb020cf9c92baaa8757441d797aed3953e6cd1.jpg

went out last weekend with my son and couple friends.. he has the white 4 door.. talks a lot of ****... yea i got to pull him out when he got stuck..lol..

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0128_1.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Nice jeeps Joe! Were you out looking for the Jersey Devil?

I was given a 1989 Cherokee after my sister-in-law totaled it. I got it back running for about $400. Since I couldn't find a needy family member to give it to, I decided to keep it and add a snow plow to it. Now I have the means to plow my way out on my 600 foot driveway. I never thought about lifting it, but that really does look like fun.

Nice jeeps Joe! Were you out looking for the Jersey Devil?

I was given a 1989 Cherokee after my sister-in-law totaled it. I got it back running for about $400. Since I couldn't find a needy family member to give it to, I decided to keep it and add a snow plow to it. Now I have the means to plow my way out on my 600 foot driveway. I never thought about lifting it, but that really does look like fun.

THEY ARE AWESOME LITTLE VEHICLES... damn caps lock..lol

i'd love to have one with a plow on it..:)

been looking for that devil for years.. just want to sit nd have a beer with him..:)

-
Back