Fiat Chrysler FCA stopping car production in USA !

-
Good thing we loaned them that money in 2008 to save AMERICAN jobs....
Meanwhile Honda, Nissan, and Toyota sedans are being manufactured here and are simply far superior cars. Who woulda thunk?

I can't believe Fiat Chrysler even considered making economy sedans in the first place.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Honda, Nissan, and Toyota sedans are being manufactured here and are simply far superior cars. Who woulda thunk?

I can't believe Fiat Chrysler even considered making economy sedans in the first place.

Big deal they're NOT based here..as far as superior not anymore American based makers ie: Ford and Chevy are putting out some pretty nice stuff..you can keep that "jap crap"..

Big deal they're NOT based here..as far as superior not anymore American based makers ie: Ford and Chevy are putting out some pretty nice stuff..you can keep that "jap crap"..

It's quite a big deal. A very, very BIG deal. Sorry man, there is nothing patriotic or Nationalist about the BIG3. They have been global enterprises since Pre WW2 and could care less about where their HQ is. Business is business. Heck, GM is currently importing the first COMMUNIST CHINESE made Buicks to the USA to be sold here. So while the Big3 are opening manufacturing plants and bolstering economies all over the world, and have been for over 70 years, what are they doing here besides lobbying the .gov under the guise of "jobs makers"? Japan is investing here while the BIG3 are investing in Mexico and China. Those dollars that are supposedly going to trickle down here because they are "Based Here" are going straight back into foreign markets creating foreign jobs and foreign manufacturing plants. The BIG3 jumped ship a long time ago.

Every one has different standards and likes, but after car shopping this entire month for a new car at just about every dealership I'll have to respectfully disagree with what you think is "pretty nice stuff". Heck, most of it is Half Mexican made. I will agree that it is better than before. Especially the Fords and upper end Chrysler. The GM stuff looks like they aren't even trying anymore.

Anyway, I am sure we can agree that early Mopars are super cool though.

Nissan is not superior for sure. They are no better than any American company. Just rented a sentra and my Dodge Dart blows it away. The civic has been small and cheap until this year. They finally improved it after a lot of complaints. Before I bought my Dart, I had a Toyota Yaris. CD player broke early on and the water pump went out at 80,000 miles. The gas gauge malfunctioned and left me stranded. My girls Dodge Caravan held up much better than that Toyota. The 200 and Dart are nice cars, but it's about profit and market trends. They are following the money.

I am not suprised they pull it out.

I hate the union mentality across the board. It's all about someone lining another's pocket. All unions argue for pay increase then cry when jobs fade away. Take a pay cut open up financial operations and also open more jobs for others. Now you also pay union dues which line someone's pocket that tells the employees what they want to hear to make more money an hour but never look at the downside of their whole mentality. Sure get a pay increase short term but lose your jobs long term. With higher wages just brings in more automation. If they can buy a robot to do the job of one salaried position they save themselves the benefits,the headaches and the laziness. Plus that robot will keep working (besides breakdowns) even during strike periods. Factory jeeps rolling.

Hell If the union members get their heads out of their asses and request a major paycut to keep their jobs I bet they would reconsider pulling out and have a long term job. It may not be a high paying job but at least it's a job to support their families.
Instead of buying a yaht they could buy a smaller boat and still have fun. Take away that mega *** trailer and pitch a tent. More fun in a tent anyways.

I watched a factory here argue about their union jobs for years. Alays wanting more. The company even told them that if they get the raise the company will be leaving. They got their raise and the company folded the plant and moved it to Mexico. 15 years later the majority of those employees have either fled the area or are working minimum wage jobs just to scrape by. Long gone are all their expensive toys but some still have to try to compete with the neighbors. Alot are still bitter at the company but if they would have listened and tried to hold on long term they would of been further ahead. But their union leaders kept telling them to hold out for more and thinking it was a bluff. The union leader is exactly like a politician . Just telling everyone what they want to hear. Then take it to the big guys only to realize they can't have it. The leaders fill their members heads with stupidity and they all follow along like lemmings. It can always be worse.

Excuse me while I go watch the neighbor who worked for said company head for his now regular job at mcdonalds.

I am not suprised they pull it out.

I hate the union mentality across the board. It's all about someone lining another's pocket. All unions argue for pay increase then cry when jobs fade away. Take a pay cut open up financial operations and also open more jobs for others. Now you also pay union dues which line someone's pocket that tells the employees what they want to hear to make more money an hour but never look at the downside of their whole mentality. Sure get a pay increase short term but lose your jobs long term. With higher wages just brings in more automation. If they can buy a robot to do the job of one salaried position they save themselves the benefits,the headaches and the laziness. Plus that robot will keep working (besides breakdowns) even during strike periods. Factory jeeps rolling.

Hell If the union members get their heads out of their asses and request a major paycut to keep their jobs I bet they would reconsider pulling out and have a long term job. It may not be a high paying job but at least it's a job to support their families.
Instead of buying a yaht they could buy a smaller boat and still have fun. Take away that mega *** trailer and pitch a tent. More fun in a tent anyways.

I watched a factory here argue about their union jobs for years. Alays wanting more. The company even told them that if they get the raise the company will be leaving. They got their raise and the company folded the plant and moved it to Mexico. 15 years later the majority of those employees have either fled the area or are working minimum wage jobs just to scrape by. Long gone are all their expensive toys but some still have to try to compete with the neighbors. Alot are still bitter at the company but if they would have listened and tried to hold on long term they would of been further ahead. But their union leaders kept telling them to hold out for more and thinking it was a bluff. The union leader is exactly like a politician . Just telling everyone what they want to hear. Then take it to the big guys only to realize they can't have it. The leaders fill their members heads with stupidity and they all follow along like lemmings. It can always be worse.

Excuse me while I go watch the neighbor who worked for said company head for his now regular job at mcdonalds.

Looks like greed is rampant as always these days... Not even that it's almost a subconscious thing now, like money is the only real priority in life everything else comes second.

I watched the movie "The Big Short" recently, holy COW that movie opened up my eyes I couldn't believe people can be/are that greedy and stupid (in case you haven't seen it it's about the housing market crash of the mid-2000's, excellent film BTW I highly recommend it)

The Fiat CUSW platform (Dart, 200, Cherokee, Fiago, Ottimo, and Renegade) is currently being produced in China.

I wonder if Fiat's move to drop their USA C-line will soon be reintroduced by rebadged Chi-com imports.

If people start buying Chinese autos, and I think they will, it will be a game changer.

Amazing how they complain that the workers are making too much money...

While the top exec's are pulling triple digit salaries and million dollars in bonuses...

At least the blacks knew they were slaves, you people are clueless....

The big wigs of the company are also just as much to blame. Yes they may do alot but do they really need the big dollars? With people begging for jobs or sitting on social welfare don't you think most would jump into that job for less?
Amazing how they complain that the workers are making too much money...

While the top exec's are pulling triple digit salaries and million dollars in bonuses...

At least the blacks knew they were slaves, you people are clueless....

Don't get me started on professional athletes either cause in my opinion they are also to blame.

The big wigs of the company are also just as much to blame. Yes they may do alot but do they really need the big dollars?

All they do is sit in meetings and go to lunch... :popcorn:

The real workers are on the floor manufacturing product getting it out to door to bring in the $$$.. :mob:

While the execs come in periodically for "inspections" only to belittle and ***** at everyone for not doing a good enough job... Then they go away, not to be seen for a few more months to repeat the process all over again... Seagull managers - come in and make alot of noise and crap all over everything, then fly away... :mad:

They don't give credit for the improvements that have been made, just highlight mistakes and tell you that you are not doing enough... :icon_fU:

Then they wonder why morale is low.... :realcrazy:

I have a 2.5 turbo in my 46 Dodge pickup street rod. Make as much power as the V8 it replaced, and gets 25 MPG. " Turbo's so efficient , so powerful, you'll never go back to a V8 again" Lee Iaccoa 1984.

Just a 4 cylinder American "rice burner"..

Back when i was into these i went to the shelby dodge 25th anniversary event in las vegas. I went for a ride in an omni glhs turbo. This guy did the ultimate hop up mods for it. Bigger 5 bolt front discs off a grand caravan, rear vented discs off a daytona shelby, dodge shelby master cylinder. An 89 common block with a neon 2.4 twin cam head on it. Called a hybrid it used a nissan maxima timing belt. Some machinework required and external plumbing for the water and oil to make it work, and there was soooo much more. This thing made 425 HP at the wheels, and pulled like a ******* freight train. The best was the floppy headliner, and clearcoat peeling off the body. Perfect sleeper. We cruised the strip and embarassed a few corvettes. Laughed our asses off. Good times , good times. It was a solid low 11 second car with slicks.

My first 88 daytona shelby i bought in december 1988 had a few mods done to it over time as well. +20 injectors, buick GN AFPR, MP computer, hogged out intake manifold with a bigger 3.8L holley throttle body, T3/T4 turbo, 1st gen DSM BOV, 2.5" exhaust with a dynomax muffler. A 4.3V zener diode to blind the map sensor so i could manually up the boost past computer set levels. I embarassed enough 80s 5oh stangs , and tuned port camaros and trans ams with it. The fun really began when those that got beat wanted me to pop the hood to see what was under there and they saw only 4 sparkplugs. Must suck gettin your *** handed to you by a 4 cylinder turbo.

American riceburner ha. These were the grandaddys of the sport compact deal. They were factory built to handle a turbo. Generous rod and main journal sizes. Forged bottom ends. Dunno about you, but my shelby was built in st louis missouri, with a new process A555 transaxle. Thats american enough for me. Ha !!

Last edited:
Mad Accountant, would you want another 84 Daytona Turbo? I am getting ready to sell my new one. 5400 miles or so garaged since 1984 and on jackstands.
got some photos to show if interested.
Tom

Mad Accountant, would you want another 84 Daytona Turbo? I am getting ready to sell my new one. 5400 miles or so garaged since 1984 and on jackstands.
Tom
Sounds nice. Survivors are very rare for these cars. I think most of the 80s stuff from the big 3 was concidered disposable, this stuff was run hard and put away wet. Show some pix. Is it just a daytona turbo? Or is it the Turbo Z with the ground effects.

I always wanted to get a spirit R/T with the DOHC Turbo lll setup in it. 225 HP stock, and lots of untapped potential, all in a total sleeper package.

I cannot even count the number of tuned port cars and injected 5ohs i'd find in the boneyards with the drivelines gone to be put in streetrods, or turbo mopars with locked up turbos, because john Q public didnt have a clue that turbos dont like dirty oil and require regular mtx intervals.

I was and still am of the mindset that turbocharged vehicles should not be in the hands of ignorant john and jane Q public.

The ecoboost engines are great, but with less than regular oil changes will do em in. Turbo engines are gutless wonders without a working turbo.

Tom
PM interested

It was built 9-13-83. I was in St. Louis when they built it but missed it by a few hours. It has never had the wipers on since I bought it. Ever. Never been on a wet street.
Rained on a few times and covered outside in the winter a few weeks so it got snow once in 1983. I think it has 130 hours on it so far. I used it for 20 years to judge how much the girls were growing.

IMG_2640.JPG

Emmabecky2007small.JPG

DSCN0269.JPG

kidspetscar2008.JPG

I store my spare exhaust parts under it and the one shot is while it was running last year. I fire it and run it long enough to empty the tank and then get it hot and be sure all the parts under the hood work. I then add new fuel and put it away again. Amazing to me that the "old technology" works perfectly still 33 years after it was put together.

How much? I did a report on those in Autos class HS 1984.

Last edited:
-
Back