Fiberglass Fenders

-

CTMopar

Reaction score
What is the fit like on modern fiberglass fenders? I know years ago it was not so good and they were wavey as the ocean to start with. Someone offered me a set at a good price and I am not doing a "resteration" so I am concidering it. I have not been to look at them yet.

have you gotten pics of them? i wouldnt do anything until i saw them and even went to see them if possible....my $0.02

They are only about 20 minutes away, they could look nice on the ground but not fit right, thats my concern

i never understood the appeal of glass fenders. the stock sheet metal fenders only weigh like 15lbs. a glass fender cant be any less than say 7-8 lbs. they are alot of work to shave 10lbs total on a car. you would save more weight and spend less money going to an aluminum radiator or intake manifold. not knocking anyone that is out to cut weight just my .02

i never understood the appeal of glass fenders. the stock sheet metal fenders only weigh like 15lbs. a glass fender cant be any less than say 7-8 lbs. they are alot of work to shave 10lbs total on a car. you would save more weight and spend less money going to an aluminum radiator or intake manifold. not knocking anyone that is out to cut weight just my .02

i agree... i would rather cut weight somewhere else than in the fenders. for me, the time and hassle of getting them fitted and repainted would be better spent somewhere else on my cars.....

Looking to save $ not weight. These are available at a good price and the car is already apart. I am just leary of the fit as I have never used them.

If they are AAR or Glasstech what I have seen/used from them have been good.

-
Back