Fiberglass fenders

-

'67barracuda

inaiana cuda
Reaction score
With the lack of good front fenders has anyone put glass fenders on thier car? I heard AAR makes good ones, just wondering. Let me know if you guys tried them or your opinions on them.

Dale

I bought a pair of fenders and hood from AAR for my Duster. It only took 2 good coats of 2k to block out the waves that you get with fiberglass fenders and only 1 coat for the hood. I haven't got the car put together yet but the first test fit was excellent and like anyones fiberglass you may find a couple small airholes. They even put dimples where you need to drill the holes for grill and headlight mounts. I for one am very pleased so far. Will definately be posting pictures hopefully in the next month after it's all painted and we get the body back together.

I bought a Front n Rear bumper from them. I'd say they know how to do fiberglass work quite well. Down here in FL there's a good amount of people who know how to work with fiberglass aka lots of boats... His Main Business is a Body shop with the side business being the fiberglass work. He even attend's local shows. I know this cause I only live 35 miles from the shop and of course saved the shipping on mine.

Anyway hope this helps

Yeah Eric I work about 5 minutes from Alan's shop and stop by and visit from time to time. He's full time fiberglass now. Especially since he got the plug on Wrecks to Riches.

-
Back