Fiberglass help

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
Well I got my F/B headlight buckets from unlimited prdcts today & are they crappy looking. That aside does anyone have any tips on how to match them to the fenders. They dont look like they will work at all but Im not a body person. Any help is appreciated.

Will these help?

PICT2001 (Small).JPG

PICT2002 (Small).JPG

PICT2003 (Small).JPG

PICT2004 (Small).JPG

PICT2005 (Small).JPG

PICT2006 (Small).JPG

PICT2007 (Small).JPG

I would match the parts up, drill holes and use your existing j clips. Then any area that mates up with the fender use a good glue made for fiberglass repair. A good glue to use would be the "duramix" system although I think 3m has taken over that product line so the name may have changed. Make sure you do the final gluing while the bucket and fender are mounted with your fenders adjusted to the hood. If you fuse them solid off the car you will possibly lose your fender adjustment.

Thanks for the help & opinions. I agree with the junk part but the fenders were a third party deal & I didnt know who they were from. There not to bad looks like they took some time with them & strengthened the weak spot on the back side,unfortunately nobody else made the buckets & my metals were really beat. Thanks again for all advise :cheers:

I used the stock buckets with glass fenders. I didn't like the glass buckets at all.

-
Back