Fiberglass hood for a '64 Valiant?

-
The '64 Valiant hood is different from the '64 Barracuda IIRC because the body of the Barracuda takes after a '65 Valiant, not so much the '64 Valiant.

I knew the fenders are different (the revers crease is tighter but still bolts up) than the Valiant but did not know the hood was different. How?

I'm not sure. I could be wrong, but I don't think the hood release was built into the hood emblem like it is on the Barracuda and '65 Valiant.

I'm not sure. I could be wrong, but I don't think the hood release was built into the hood emblem like it is on the Barracuda and '65 Valiant.

I dont know, brother. They look pretty close to me. The hood latch might be different, grant you that. I like the chrome spine piece.
V200.jpg

340x_65BarracudaWht_Front_Wide.jpg

I think it's just a flat emblem on the '64 Valiant. '64 Barracudas had the latche hidden up in the emblem

The fiberglass hood isnt going to have the hood latch provision anyway so I think he is safe. I remember seeing an entire front tilt up in fiberglass somewhere too.

The fiberglass hood isnt going to have the hood latch provision anyway so I think he is safe. I remember seeing an entire front tilt up in fiberglass somewhere too.

I think you're right. Other than that, it looks the same. And you can always drill the hole for the latch, if the fiberglass hood has a place to mount the latch.

-
Back